I wrote about Prince yesterday, and like many of you I was saddened and surprised by his death. The blog entry itself was pretty light on astrological detail because of that, but if you want to have a look at it, here it is. For those of you who like your astrology a lot more technical and detailed… hang on to your hat.
If Prince had regularly consulted an astrologer who knew what he or she was doing, could that astrologer have predicted his death, or at least warned of significant peril? The answer appears to be yes.
The Established Facts:
- Prince was born June 7, 1958 in Minneapolis MN.
- Prince was declared dead yesterday morning by paramedics, having been found by his personal staff in an elevator in his home.
- Prince’s personal plane made an emergency landing just after 1 AM on April 15th this year in Moline, Illinois with Prince suffering from an undisclosed medical issue (which a spokesperson at the time claimed was the flu). He was released three hours later. This came after he had cancelled his planned shows on the 7th.
- Prince was a Jehovah’s Witness, who (because of their interpretation of Leviticus) are strongly opposed to blood transfusions, such as are required for major surgery.
- Today’s press conference indicated that, although all the tests won’t be in for weeks yet, there were no signs of trauma or violence.
The (Probable) Facts:
- Prince was born at 6:17 PM, giving his an ascendant of 16 degrees Scorpio. This is the commonly-reported time of birth for him, which originated with Frank C. Clifford, but I have been unable to track down where he got that from. Still, it seems legitimate.
- TMZ reports that Prince was reported to have visited his local pharmacy four times in the week before his death. Furthermore, TMZ says the incident in Moline was to treat an accidental overdose of prescription painkiller Percocet. I know: TMZ isn’t the most legitimate-sounding source… but they usually get things right, and the last thing they want is to be sued over spreading false rumors.
- Since 2005, there have been various unconfirmed rumors that Prince needed hip replacement surgery.
So, it’s entirely reasonable (based on non-astrological factors) to believe that Prince died of a painkiller overdose, because of an untreated problem with his hips. Does the astrology back this up? Absolutely. It does, and an astrologer could have warned Prince in advance, and his death may have been avoided as a result.
If all of the above is true, the astrology of Prince’s death is remarkably illustrative of the idea that no, astrology is not just a way to have fun with people’s personality types. Astrology can make hard, verifiable predictions and deliver clear cut warnings about major events before they happen.
- The Sun rules “life force.” When there is a major bad transit to your Sun, it can almost literally “turn your lights out” (provided other transits support that conclusion). The Solar Eclipse at 18 degrees Pisces on March 8th of this year was closely square Prince’s Sun, and will be in effect until the next Solar Eclipse on September 1st. Furthermore, at the time of death, Saturn was within less than a degree of the exact opposition to Prince’s Sun.
- Saturn rules bones and joints. Prince had his natal Saturn at 22 degrees Sagittarius. Sagittarius rules the hips. Obviously not everyone with Saturn in Sagittarius has problems with their hips, but it is at least one warning sign. Depending on how much orb one allows, Prince can be considered to have been undergoing his Saturn Return.
- Pluto was conjunct Prince’s natal Saturn in 2005 when the rumors of his needing a hip replacement first surfaced. It would have been within conjunction range of that point for about a year or so previously. An astrologer would likely notice this at the time and warn of bone/joint/hip problems as a distinct possibility.
- Neptune rules both drugs and spiritual matters. Prince had Neptune at 2 degrees Scorpio, conjunct the North Node (“karmic destiny”)… and if you go by Placidus Houses, that Neptune was in his 12th House: the “House of self-undoing.” The Full Moon in Scorpio (which was exact only a few hours before Prince died) was within less than one-fifth of a degree from the exact conjunction to Prince’s Neptune.
There you have it. Death due to misjudging a drug dosage, which he was taking because of hip problems — which his spiritual beliefs prevented him from correcting. Not only could an astrologer have warned Prince about this, that astrologer might have even been able to warn him about the very day of his death.
Forget the fluff. Forget the bar-stool psychology and the trappings of mysticism. Astrology is real and it works.