Inspiration Report

Inspiration Report

Joel Osteen on Habitual Happiness

posted by Jennifer E. Jones

If people were to describe you in one word, what would it be?

I thought about that this weekend as I was going through a box of keepsakes. In many old letters, I noticed several friends wrote down that when they think of me, they get the word: “happy”. Warmed my soul.

It reminded me of a statement that an old roommate made about me last year: “I can’t ever imagine you depressed.” It floored me, because I wasn’t always like this. I spent a lot of my youth just generally bummed out about life. And then in my 20s, I was always lamenting whatever I didn’t have.

However, something about my 30s has filled me optimism. I wish I could tell you what it is, but I simply determined to enjoy my life. I want to be happy. I seek out happy things, and miraculously happiness seems to find me.

Pastor and author Joel Osteen is famous for speaking up for happiness and the importance to practice it every day. Here’s a clip from an interview that Beliefnet did with him:

Happiness is always a choice. You can’t wait for circumstances to get better. You have to create your own good fortune. So look for ways to be happy every day.

“Seek and ye shall find.” Read the follow-up blog: What Makes You Happy?

More Wisdom from The Osteens:
Joel Osteen on the Creative Power of Words
Become a Better You
Victoria Osteen Says ‘Love Your Life’

Bonnie Pickartz

posted May 9, 2011 at 3:44 pm

We are each responsible, at the end of the day, for our own happiness. Seeking and finding it through our relationship with God is the best path.

Pingback: What Makes You Happy? - Inspiration Report

DEBBIE HIBBARD

posted May 10, 2011 at 10:43 am

I LOVE JOEL OSTEEN, I WATCH HIS SHOW EVERY SUNDAY, I LOVE GOD, IM GLAD GOD HAS CHOOSEN JOEL TO SPEEK, HE HELPS ME IN SO MANY WAYS. THANK-YOU JOEL

RHONDA COLEMAN

posted May 10, 2011 at 11:44 am

hi Joel and Victoria I miss reading ur word of wisdom but I still watch u on sundays and tuesday I hope I b able to bring my aunt to see u in september when u come to pittsburgh my aunt is very sick and I hope she be able to see before she passes away I love yall

Doug

posted May 10, 2011 at 12:06 pm

I just want to thank you for your telephone call. I was beginning to feel down and the phone rang. It was a lady on the line and she said she was with Joel Osteen Ministries. She made me cheer up and I am again enjoying again. I just pray for a better job, Enrichment,a car to get back to work and for our President Obama and the nation. I also pray for Joel Osteen and your ministries and your wife and your family. I have been out of work for five months
and I need some good money to come into my house. Please remember Doug Jones in your prayers. I want to thank God for Favor. I want to Tithe!!!!!!!

AMEN

John m

posted May 10, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Joel Osteen really helped me to see the other side of my life,reading his books and listed to his program, I found out there is a better way to live, no matters how bad it looks, with faith and positive mine we can achive anything we focus on….

Roy L. Garrison II

posted May 10, 2011 at 2:29 pm

I have listened to Joel and his Father. I have came away from these teachings always gain something, to Strenghen, to enhace my Life tremedously. Roy

Catalina

posted May 10, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Joel you are the best your books and continous encouragement on being happy and praising God are all that a true Christian needs. You helped me change my life and God sent you to do a w0onderful job. God Bless you Victoria and your family.!

terri polk

posted May 10, 2011 at 4:41 pm

This is truly a man of

God and I truly enjoy his services, his gives me something to think about during the day. I hold on to it so I can remember how to treat myself as well as others. Learning to adapt to new ways of living in the Godly realm.

Dorcia Day

posted May 10, 2011 at 9:01 pm

I moved from Chicago to Houston in 2003. One of the reasons for moving to Houston was to attend the Lakewood Church. My children who didn’t attend church at all, one by one began to come with me to Lakewood(that is a prayer answered). The experience is awesome, there is no comparison to the T.V. program! I strongly urge anyone who visits Houston, to please visit Lakewood. You will have an experience of a lifetime, and you will truly feel right at home.

Pingback: A Few of Your Favorite Things - Inspiration Report

Dimitry

posted May 11, 2011 at 3:26 am

My name is Dimitry, please I want you to praise god for me.
I leave in Boston Massachusetts in Cambridge
I have a big problem with my life.
I need help from god

Sidney

posted May 11, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Joel, I praise GOD everyday for providing the wisdom to his servants and I also thank and praise the LORd for LOVING all of us even when we find it hard to love ourselves and others. Thank you for what you do and praise GOD for your ministry and for the impact that you continue to make throughout the country. May the LORD continue to richly BLESS your family.

Your Brother in CHRIST,

Sidney

Etta Whittaker

posted May 11, 2011 at 7:00 pm

things that make me happy
My children
friends
friends knowing i’m always there for them anytime
rain on a tin roof
helping when i’m needed
these are just a few and i try to always smile, in my year book someone wrote never loose your smile.

Pingback: Gratitude: The Secret to Practicing Happiness - Inspiration Report

Charlene Jarrell

posted May 12, 2011 at 9:01 am

I believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins and he loves us. We are suppose to confess our sins and we will be forgiven. Well lately I have made some big mistakes and I hope and pray that God will forgive me. I know I’m going to need his help to keep me from this man I fell in love with. He is married and I am so sorry for what I have done. I pray that he will carry me threw this and my life will get better. rom this day forward I will walk the path that he has for me and not the devil. Thank You Lord for giving me the eye opener this week. I want to Thank Joel for writing the book To Become A Better You it has helped me the last few days

wanda

posted May 14, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Hi Joel and Victoria,

I am deaf. Would you kindly caption all your internet videos? Thank you very much. Pray for us Deaf people grappling with hardships stemming from a lack of Deaf Awareness/lack of support for Deaf Rights from all walks of life.

ellen razminas

posted May 14, 2011 at 7:34 pm

for years i prayed that my daughter receive the lord last month my daughter and her 4 children were baptized ……… thank the lord

Janet Abate

posted May 15, 2011 at 2:00 pm

I am battleing cancer but watching your show gives me hope.Thank you and God Bless some day love to meet you and your wife. Really love your out look of life. Who knows God willing I get to meet both of you.

Siupolu

posted May 16, 2011 at 5:11 pm

I love my family very much. (Husband and kids and sibblings +)But it seems that we are driven apart this year. So my happiness is to have my whole family to be together like before and make it closer than ever! My happiness to have everyone together are one, like before!

Rommel

posted May 17, 2011 at 9:14 pm

When one has peace of mind, happiness comes with it. And for us to have this peace we need to learn how to make peace with ourself, to our family and the people who make our lives.Most importantly, we need to be constantly connected with God who is the all and be all of happiness in our life.

Angie

posted May 21, 2011 at 5:04 pm

I think we create are own Happiness in life. But I do belive if we
try and live are life through God,s eyes we do find the happiness that we need in are lives.!!!!! If we try and do by his word we will go along way !!!!!!

mbavhalelo

posted May 23, 2011 at 3:02 am

Your words are so inspiring.You really helped me to grow.I have found a greatest fighter in me.Every time when i am down i always remember that i can always cheer myself up.

Ivy

posted August 18, 2011 at 9:24 pm

This was very reinforcing as I look at my level of happiness on any given day. In fact each day we should say out loud “I am happy.” And then it will be.

Dimple del Mundo Agno

posted March 7, 2012 at 1:56 am

I just wanna say thank you. I feel so blessed after reading one of your book about “Your Best Life Now”. It help me a lot most specially in those times when I don’t feel very positive about myself and life situations. Just reading the book I am reminded of God’s grace and gift of life He has given. Thank’s a lot! God bless you.

Pingback: God loves me. « One red bowl and silver spoons

Poem: In The End
Today’s guest blogger is poet Tara Sophia Mohr Learn more about Tara’s poetry

posted 4:30:02pm Oct. 24, 2012 | read full post »

A Quote to Live By
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." Henry David Thoreau Whatever you were put on this earth to do, do it today. Don't delay. Don't look back. Run like crazy towards your passion and watch God lay the adventure out before you.

posted 9:22:40am Aug. 01, 2012 | read full post »