Beliefnet explores spiritual themes in the Harry Potter novels.
DOWN DIAGON ALLEYQuiz, discussions, and more:
- Quiz: Which Character Are You?
Are you more like Hermione or Luna? Take our quiz to find out.
- Community Group: Muggles for Harry Potter
Join other Beliefnet readers in discussing your love for the books and movies.
- Discuss: 'Half-Blood Prince'
Are you looking forward to the latest Harry Potter film?
Plus: Watch the trailer for 'Half-Blood Prince'
- Divining Harry's Horoscope
What Harry's birthday reveals about his true character
FOR PARENTS ON PRIVET DRIVEDo the books teach kids moral values?
- Gallery: 6 Life Lessons from Harry Potter
Be open to love, don't judge, learn to let go, and other important lessons.
- Gallery: More Life Lessons from Harry Potter
Help kids--and adults--navigate relationships, disappointments, and loss.
- Why Harry Potter Is Good for the Soul
Without fantasy, we lose our capacity to approach God with the wonder of children.
- The Potter Parody That Got Out of Hand
Condemned for defending Harry Potter, one author looks to St. Paul.
THE END OF HARRY POTTERTalking about the revelations in the last book:
- Blogalogue: 'Harry Potter Is Not a Christ Figure'
Fantasy writers Orson Scott Card and Patrick Rothfuss discuss the fates of favorite Hogwarts characters.
- Harry Potter Prophecies
See how Beliefnet predicted the outcome of the Harry Potter series before the last book.
- Pastoral Counsel for Heartsick Muggles
Pastor Paul comforts those still traumatized by events in Book 6.
- 'Please Let Harry Potter Die'
Why an Orthodox priest says Harry should have died a tragic hero.
BEHIND THE VEILReligious writers and others weigh in on spiritual symbols in the series.
- Daniel Radcliffe: 'Harry Is Like Jesus'
How the on-screen Harry explains his character's significance.
- Chart: Harry Potter, Christ Figure?
Comparing Harry's life with that of Jesus
- The True Christian Myth Behind Harry Potter
Some children's novels become popular precisely because they reflect a deeper truth, says one Christian writer.
MUGGLES BEWAREDo the novels promote the occult?
- There Are More Dangerous Books Than Harry Potter
Parents should be careful of other books undermining Christianity. By Chuck Colson
- 'I Won't Take My Kids to See Harry Potter'
From 2001: A Christian writer explains why he believes the series encourages the occult.
- Discuss: Should the Harry Potter Books Be Banned?
Readers debate whether to read the novels.
SQUIBS NEED NOT APPLYExploring earth-based religions and the books:
- Chart: What You Don't Learn at Hogwarts
Seminaries offer real-life education to witches and other pagans.
- On 'Board' with Harry Potter
What do members of earth-based religions think of the popular series?
- Harry Potter's Magic
Exploring the struggle between science and magic in the series.
We Want to Know...
Do you think Harry Potter is a Christ figure?
Explore Our Community
Blogging on Harry Potter
- Movie Mom 11/30/2012 8:00 AMMovie Mom 9/7/2012 8:00 AMMovie Mom 8/9/2012 2:18 PMMovie Mom 7/31/2012 12:31 PMMovie Mom 4/10/2012 3:59 PM
Top Entertainment Features
- Going Out of Town: 5 Things Every Homeowner Should Do Before Going on Vacation
- Top Christian Celebrity Moments of 2015
- Surprising Tidbits You Didn’t Know About Frank Sinatra
- Why Chocolate Chip Cookies are a Christmas Fav
- The 7 Saddest Celebrity Divorces of 2015
- We Can Have Hope and Faith in Dire Circumstances
- What Does it Take to be a Martyr?