Countdown to Contentment
5. Accept it. People are jerks and life stinks. But not usually. Increase the odds of meeting with goodness by reacting and acting with calm and kindness.
4. Beat them to the punch. Be kind before anyone has the chance to be mean or indifferent. Live and act in a state of willful kindness.
3. It's over. Indulging in bad habits isn't being nice to you and it doesn't help anyone in the long run. Politely show your bad habit the door.
2. Make no big plans. Decide to be a little more consciously kinder than before.
1. Get going. Do something nice for more people more often, starting now.
Be kind in word, thought, and deed. You'll see a remarkable change in your life for the better.