1 large eggplant
4 small tomatoes
1 large onion
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1 Tablespoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
thyme and coriander sprigs for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2. Cut the eggplant into 1-inch cubes, leaving skin on.
3. Cut tomatoes into eighths; seed and core. Cut onion into eights; separate
4. Place all the prepared vegetables in a large mixing bowl.
5. Sprinkle garlic, coriander, thyme, pepper and salt on top. Gently toss.
6. Pour chicken broth, olive oil and red wine vinegar over the vegetable
mixture. Toss gently until completely coated and well mixed.
7. Spoon vegetables into shallow 9x13-inch pan coated with vegetable oil
8. Roast for 1 hour, stirring gently every 20 minutes. Garnish with thyme