It feels strange holding a cup of coffee in my hand today, just like it felt strange eating pizza for lunch over the weekend. Everything looks normal, but deep down I know it is not. I have just spent a month refraining from food and drink and trying constantly to keep God in my mind, […]
The Ramadan calendar dates for 2009 are August 21st through September 19th.
Are you hungry for more on Ramadan? Here are some useful links for you to learn about this holy month observed by Muslims worldwide:
- Muslim holy month trivia: Find out how much you really know – test your knowledge with this Ramadan quiz.
- Get the most out of the days of this holy month. Before it even starts, read these four ways to prepare for Ramadan.
- Fasting from sunrise to sunset is required to achieve the goal of whole-body awareness of God. Learn more about why Muslims fast during Ramadan.
- Combine fasting with these ten Ramadan prayers to become closer to God.
- Bookmark our guide to Ramadan for more on the goals and spiritual lessons during this ninth month of the Islamic calendar.
Shahed Amanullah is no longer blogging for us but you can still get the Islamic perspective daily from our Muslim blogger Azziz Poonawalla on his City of Brass blog. You can also follow Azziz Poonawalla on Twitter.