Spiritually Health Get rid of what enslaves you. Find spiritual health and well-being by discovering personal freedom. Don’t be defeated by your life circumstances. Here’s how to change your life for good. Inspired by Rabbi Karyn Kedar’s new book, “Omer: A Counting“ Written by Susan Diamond, Prayables 1. Decide Moses asked, Who am. I that […]
Contributed by Susan Good
Visit Gramma Good at www.grammagood.com
I call my mom at least once a day. Today we talked about buying a scrabble app for her computer. Ninety- two years old and my mother is going to play scrabble on her Mac! How fabulous is this mother of mine!
I would normally go on to my next activity, but with a broken ankle I have time to reflect about this mother of mine; her sage advice dripping with wisdom and values for women of all ages. Grammas, moms and daughters will gain from reading this.
10 tips & observations on how to live a happy life:
1. My mother: “If people talk about you …you know you are not boring!”
2. My mother on fashion: “Never worry about what others think. Revel in how you feel.”
3. My mother on secrets: “A secret is a secret until you tell someone.”
4. My mother on children: “Remember my darling daughter one mother can take care of ten children; ten children cannot take care of one mother.”
5. My mother on girlfriends: “If you have a few, consider yourself lucky.”
6. My mother on skin care: “Use olive oil on your skin at night.”
7. My mother on the key to aging beautifully: “Exercise your face and your mind.”
8. My mother’s favorite book: Of Human Bondage by Somerset Maugham
9. My mother on marriage: “A woman makes a marriage.”
10. My mother on life: “Live in the moment. It is a gift.”
My mother is a gift. Your mother is a gift. There is no stronger love than that of a mother’s love.
Do Something GOOD Today: Appreciate the lessons your mother taught you.