Is your Mouth of Chi blocked, cluttered or just plain messy? The Mouth of Chi* is a term used in Feng Shui*. It references your front door, the primary point of entry into your home (or office or cubicle), whether you favor that door or another. The Mouth of Chic is much like our physical […]
We live in a culture that values the head over the heart, which is why, today, I’d like to touch on, pay attention to, listen to the heart.
Research shows that fear, anger and sadness depress our immune systems. Love, compassion, gratitude, and joy create health. It has been said that love and fear cannot be present at the same time. Which is why it is important to listen to your heart.
When you listen to your heart, you can find yourself tapping into, moving into, generating a new level of compassion and empathy for self.
With a little bit of effort and awareness, you can shift your focus from your head to your heart. As you begin to listen with your heart, you may find that your mind is able to quiet down and you can respond to your body from a much deeper, richer place.
Imagine now that you care so deeply about yourself, that you listen with your heart and hear with your brain.
5 Steps: How to Connect with Your Heart.
How to feel compassion for self.
1. Bring Your Attention to Your Heart. Notice its size. Notice how your heart feels.
2. Breath Consciously. Take one minute, more or less, to consciously breathe into your heart. One minute might not sound like enough time, but if you are not accustomed/practiced as breathing consciously, than one minute is a grand start.
3. Feel Your Heart Expand. Breathe In. Breathe Out. Feel your heart expand with each breath.
4. What Does the Brain Say? Notice, again, the size of your heart. Notice how your heart feels. Now, listen to what your brain says. Make note of how your experience of your heart has shifted, how it has changed.
5. Feel Compassion for Self. Sometimes it’s that simple!
For (almost) daily motivational musings 🙂 from our country’s premiere Anti-Gravity Coach, Janice Taylor (that’s me), join Our Lady of Weight Loss’s Kick in the Tush Club/FB!
For the full skinny as well as Anti-Gravity Specials, sign up for Janice Taylor’s Kick in the Tush Club newsletter!
Spread the word…NOT the icing!
Janice Taylor, Anti-Gravity Coach™, Positarian, Author, Artist
buoyant * magnetic * luminous
For the best life, wellness and weight loss wisdom,
visit Janice: Our Lady of Weight Loss
Sign up for the Kick in the Tush Club e-newsletters