An unexpected book arrived in the mail the other day. A gift from my friend’s at Wisdom Publications. Zen Master Raven: The Teachings of a Wise Old Bird. by Zen Master human form, Robert Aitken. Here the koans are told by and to animals of the forest: raven, porcupine, owl, woodpecker, badger, black bear, and […]
I gave a reading out our local independent book store the other night. We had a great turnout and people asked great questions about the challenges and joys of being an introvert. I shared my story of how I realized recently that I had become a disempowered introvert and that researching and writing this book had empowered me to embrace my introversion–my Introvert Edge
I’ll be excited to be teaching a program for introverts and mindfulness at Kripalu in August. Stay tuned for details.
I was also on The Mark Johnson show, a radio interview call in program on WDEV. I was pleased to see how many people called in with questions and how many downloaded the podcast. You can listen to the podcast here:
Here is the Top Ten List from the beginning of the book, which gives a preview of what the book covers:
1. There is nothing wrong with you! Introversion is normal and valuable—it is a connection to your interior that gives you an edge!
2. Introverts revolt! There is an introvert revolution underway and introverts are reclaiming their rightful place in society.
3. Don’t believe the messages extroverted society has told you. You don’t need to apologize for who you are and how you want to be.
4. Living in the extrovert culture, you will have to take care of yourself in special ways.
5. There are more introverts in the world than you realize. Half the population may be introverts.
6. Many famous, influential, and creative people throughout history have been introverts.
7. Being an extrovert is not ideal; it ignores the power of solitude, quiet, and contemplation.
8. Contemplative practices are the key to nurturing your introvert.
9. Introverts are subject to bias, discrimination, prejudice, and stigma especially in school and the workplace.
10. The Introvert Edge is available to extroverts, too, when they are able to tap into their interior depths.
Introvert Edge is currently ranking 7th on Amazon’s introvert book list. Let’s make it number one.
By your copy today and start enjoying the benefits of being an introvert and learning how to cope with the demands of the extrovert world.
Support your local bookstore: purchase on IndieBound