Here’s the latest from the crossroads of faith, media & culture: 12/02/20 FOX Nation, FOX News Media’s on demand subscription-based streaming service, has unveiled a lineup of festive programming to be released throughout the holiday season. The list is in addition to Christmas in the Rockies, the platform’s first-ever holiday-themed original scripted production which debuted […]
Here’s the latest from the crossroads of faith and media: 10/22/20
Gospel-themed choir competition drops globally on Netflix on Friday, November 20. Voices of Fire follows Grammy Award-winner/executive producer Pharrell Williams’ uncle Bishop Ezekiel Williams (pastor and founder of Faith World Ministries) as he and his core team of influential gospel leaders seek out undiscovered talent among people of all ages, ethnicities and backgrounds.
Red Street Records Contemporary Christian artist Cade Thompson is launching a contest for content creators to make the official music video for his current hit single Every Step of the Way. The contest kicked off on October 20 and the winner will be announced in January 2021 alongside the music video premiere.
Participants can sign up to enter the contest here where they will find various resources, including previously shot scenes (directed by Calvin Aurand) to creatively use as they will. Each submission will be reviewed and the winner will be handpicked by top industry professionals, including Aurand (who has created content for Beyoncé, Shakira, Jennifer Lopez, John Mayer, One Direction, Harry Styles), Jay DeMarcus of Rascal Flatts, ReelWorks Studios CEO Rick Eldridge and of course, the artist himself, Cade Thompson.
As DeMarcus puts it “This contest is a great opportunity for aspiring creatives to get their work seen and noticed…I love seeing fresh new content and ideas and look forward to reviewing the submissions. I encourage everyone to sign up and put their game face on! Send us your music video and let’s see what you got!”
Ages 13 and up are eligible to apply. Additional rules and guidelines can be found at the contest website. Judges will be specifically looking for the following when making their final decision:
- Editorial: How well the video edit supports the story/messaging of the song.
- Effects: Use of technology to present the story and garner viewer attention.
- Creativity: The uniqueness of the overall approach for the video.
- Messaging: How well the video reinforces the lyrical message of the song.
In addition to receiving a music video premiere, the Grand Prize winner of the contest will receive:
- Music video reviewed and critiqued by an all-star panel of judges including, Christian music and Red Street Records recording artist CADE THOMPSON, JAY DEMARCUS of multi-platinum selling & award-winning country trio Rascal Flatts and Founder of Red Street Records, CALVIN AURAND, former VP of Content for Sony Music (producer and director for Beyonce, Shakira, Jennifer Lopez, John Mayer, One Direction and Harry Styles), and veteran film producer RICK ELDRIGE (Bobby Jones, Stroke of Genius, The Ultimate Gift, Running The Sahara).
- A national premiere of their music video with the support of multiple marketing and social media initiatives. Winner will gain visibility and credibility being named as the “Creator of the Official Music Video for Every Step of the Way by Cade Thompson” in all credits and correspondence. This includes a national online premiere, announcement of winner through press release to mainstream and Christian media, visibility and promotion of music video on Cade Thompson’s social media channels as well as a front page posting on Red Street Records website and social channels.
- A Zoom call with the judges to congratulate the winner and discuss their music video. Additionally, the judges will answer any questions regarding the winner’s video, the industry, and a career in film.
- A virtual meeting with the artist, Cade Thompson via Zoom.
- A virtual meeting with Jay DeMarcus of Rascal Flatts via Zoom.
- Red Street Records and Cade Thompson merchandise. This includes a Red Street Records backpack, t-shirt, hat, pop socket, as well as, Cade Thompson merchandise items for his radio singles Provider and Every Step of the Way. Autographed upon request.
- (2) Tickets and meet and greet passes to any Cade Thompson show during 2021. Travel not included.
- A $1,000 Amazon Gift card
The contest will close December 31, 2020.
Every Step of the Way is a song that Thompson hopes brings comfort during these challenging times. He says “for so many of us, the year 2020 has looked different than we could have ever imagined. Despite the chaos, we know one thing that is for certain- God is with us Every Step of the Way.” The single is currently impacting Christian AC and Hot AC/CHR radio.
Cade Thompson is an energetic and soulful Contemporary Christian music artist with a sound aimed at believers and mainstream pop audiences alike.
This past year, he made waves across the Christian music community with the release of his debut single Provider. His debut album set to release in 2021.