Today is the last day of this column on Beliefnet.com. After over 12 years of daily writings on Beliefnet, I’m moving on. I thank God for this wonderful experience. As far as I’ve been told, I’m the last original Beliefnet contributing editor and writer; everyone else is new. Now, however, I need to make some […]
Here are some weight loss ideas, and some methods to help you lose weight and continue a healthy diet and lifestyle.
- Losing weight is not just about eating less, it is also important to eat the best foods. If you truly want to lose weight, or maintain health, eat mostly vegetables, a little protein, and have vegetables or fruit for snacks.
- Staying slimmer is about having a healthy routine. If you eat donuts, candy, and pastries regularly, you’ll look and feel overstuffed like a donut, giant candy bar or a big pastry! Eat small amounts of healthy foods, and you’ll feel better and look great.
- Movement and physical exertion is really important. Do it daily. Make it fun. My friend Betty, in her late 70’s, goes to the gym 3 times a week and does a fast walk, or a swim with friends. That’s a great way to keep exercise enjoyable. I like classes; I take a dance class or two each week, and also go to the gym. I also love to go on vigorous walks. I’ll allow an extra hour and walk part of the way to my destination, then hop on a bus or treat myself to a cab.
- I just have “one” of things. Instead of a giant bagel and cream-cheese for breakfast, I have a half a bagel and half the cream-cheese, and it’s fine and filling. Instead of a bowl of ice-cream for dessert, I have a skim milk smoothie with protein powder, bananas and strawberries. Very very filling and satisfying.
- I meditate regularly each day. Morning and afternoon. I pray as constantly as possible. I only praise God and ask His will, and guidance. He already knows I need to keep my weight down, and to make a living.
Keep us posted! Write some of your ideas and methods for losing weight, and keeping excess weight from creeping-up.
Join our “Mysteries of the Jesus Prayer” online community — for free personal prayers and wisdom of the ancients. My documentary feature film and book are coming! Be the first to receive sneak previews, prayers, meditations, see beautiful works of art and some of the most private and spiritual places on earth. www.MysteriesoftheJesusPrayer.com