Depression is a heaviness of the soul. When I feel depressed, my entire body feels its weight plus more. My arms dangle because if I try to lift them, it takes all my energy. My core feels like a dull rod has been staked through it. I muster my strength to do what […]
Stress, anxiety, and depression cause fatigue. Essential oils are a quick, safe and easy way to fight fatigue by soothing or stimulating the mind. Essential oils come from plants, so basically its herbal medicine. The following five essential oils are generally safe to use on your skin. If you’re concerned about allergies, put a drop of oil on the top of your hand, rub it in, and wait for any reaction.
- Lemon, Orange, Lime (Citrus Oils) – the refreshing and uplifting aroma of citrus oils increase concentration and alertness. Just a squirt from one of these citrus fruits is enough to wake up your senses. Lemon opens the throat and heart chakras, allowing for joy and hopefulness with clear thought. Orange is an emotion balancer, releasing fear and self-judgment, two highly charged negative emotions that are tiring. Orange is great for people who overwork, become fatigued and are quickly aggravated by small mistakes. Orange opens the sacral and solar plexus, helping to calm your spirit. Lime restores your body’s immune system and aids mental clarity. Lime opens the solar plexus and heart chakras, releasing negativity while being uplifting to your mind and body.
- Peppermint – it’s strong, refreshing scent makes peppermint a stimulant. It’s great for keeping you alert as a driver. Peppermint helps you focus and concentrate by stimulating your hippocampus. It also helps relieve tension headaches and migraines. Peppermint affects the root, sacral, solar plexus and throat chakras. Spiritually, peppermint is said to calm the mind and eliminate fear of the unknown.
- Rosemary – stimulates the nervous system, improves memory and concentration. Great to fight fatigue because rosemary is uplifting and stimulating. Rosemary opens the heart chakra and improves personal energy by encouraging self-love in situations where you feel put down by the negative energies of others. Spiritually, rosemary is supposed to help with handling transitions by encouraging mental clarity, insight, and expansion.
- Lavender – anti-inflammatory, anti-depressant and stress reducer. Lavender’s aroma is very relaxing and promotes opening of the heart and crown chakra. Lavender is used for treating anxiety, insomnia, and heart palpitations. Lavender is known to reduce the intensity of migraines, decreases blood pressure, improve breathing and stimulate memory.
- Geranium – balances the mind and emotions by balancing your hormones, which is why geranium is often used to treat depression. Some even use geranium for autism to bring emotional balance. Geranium has a sweet, rose-like aroma that is uplifting and helps reduce anxiety, chronic pain, and fatigue. Geranium is a heart entered oil that helps release anger, tear down barriers, and manage overwhelming emotions.
Thanks to Experience-Essential-Oils which was used as a reference.