Sunday May 1st was World Laughter Day and I found myself in the presence of jolly souls engaged in what is one of my favorite activities.  Laughter is portable, spontaneous, calorie free (actually burns calories:), fat free, cholesterol free and can be done by anyone at any age and with any physical ability.…

What amazes me is how my perception of myself can be so dramatically different from those of others throughout my life. I was a quirky kid. I joke now that I was ‘an alien baby left on my parents’ doorstep.’, since I always felt like I was a bit left of center. I viewed…

A few years ago, I had an experience that I had anticipated for weeks and a few that I had not expected as a result. After receiving several emails and fliers, I ventured into Philadelphia to be in the presence of an esteemed teacher from India called Amma, which in the…

In 2006, I had  submitted an essay into a  contest with the theme “Love Begins With Me” for Global Love Day.  A short while after I sent it in, I received an email from the Founder of the organization, a love luminary named Harold W. Becker, telling me that what had arrived via snail mail had a bite…

More from Beliefnet and our partners
More from Beliefnet and our partners
Close Ad