Yesterday, I fetched my lawnmower from the local repair shop since the machine that most of the time efficiently crops the greenery around my suburban Bucks County, PA home stopped running a week earlier. It was less than 10 years old, so I know it hadn’t done its final round. It had started briefly and…

This morning, like many others, I had a God-versation. My eyes were still closed and my bare feet hadn’t yet touched the sand colored carpet. The Divine and I are intimately acquainted. Sometimes it feels like a monologue in which I am speaking with my Higher Self which is the wisest aspect of the Being…

On April 22nd, 1970, John McConnell, Gaylord Nelson, and Denis Hayes planted the seeds for the eco-fest that now has taken on epic proportions as the need for environmental awareness has reached a crucial level. Earth Day, according to Hayes, it is “the largest secular holiday in the world, celebrated by more than a billion people every…

On my way home from the gym (a place that I consider my temple, ashram, and healing space), I was listening to an interview on Fresh Air with Rev. Barbara Brown Taylor, a sister clergy person. An ordained Episcopal priest, she left the pulpit to become a professor of religion at Piedmont College in Demorest,…

More from Beliefnet and our partners
More from Beliefnet and our partners
Close Ad