I spent the last six weeks entrenched with a dynamic group of young people. As always, I end up learning more from them than I could ever teach them. There is something magical about youth and being child-like. Over the course of our time together we bonded as a family. We fought with each other […]
I recently read an article on MSN, “System to Success” it was a great article on Life Coaches who work with adults with ADHD. It got me to thinking about how so many of us desire to have greatness in our lives, but we don’t have a necessary system in place that is going to help us achieve our desired goals and dreams. (Below I’ve included my personal system to success)
Here are some quick things to remember when developing your system:
1. Success is a mindset, lifestyle and a habit. Success comes daily. Therefore, everyday of our lives must be a success. Let me clarify. If you’ve had a day that’s been awful and at the end you’re ready to fight another day, then you’ve had a successful day.
2. God is invested in your success, but he won’t make it happen for you. Too many of us think that just because we have a relationship with the Lord that he’s going to give us everything and we can just sit back and wait. False. Part of being great is being proactive in your life. God’s promises for your life are within your reach, but not in your hand. You have to work and he empowers you to win. Know the difference.
3. Know the patterns of your life. Take the time to be introspective. Think of the last time you experienced a great triumph in your life. There were certain characteristics you displayed. Those same characteristics will be the same you need and will continue to need to take you to your goals and dreams.
4. Declare your victory. We know that words create our world. That’s why its super important that we declare our victory on a daily basis even when it seems that nothing’s happening, declare anyway.
5. Become Vulnerable. Many view vulnerability as a weakness. However, it is a vital strength necessary to any prosperous life. The fact is you have to be vulnerable to failing if you want to be vulnerable to winning.
6. Your system is unique to you. We must understand that we are all wired differently and essentially are unique. God has made us in such a way that our system will only work for us. There are some principles that are just essential to success, but the way they are executed and applied varies upon the person.
Here’s my system to success:
1. Prayer and meditation with the Lord every morning and reading his word.
2. Talking to myself in the mirror. Declaring my victory and speaking good things over my life.
4. Bi-weekly check ins with my mentors
5. Research, Study and Writing.
6. Practice speaking
7. Prayer with my prayer partner
Remember we have the ability to not only change our world, but the world as a whole….BE GREAT!!
Until Next Time,
Pervis Taylor, III is an Author, Life Coach, Speaker and Contributor. His books Pervis Principles Volume 1 and 2 are available exclusively on his website: www.pervistaylor.com/author. He resides in New York City. Follow him on twitter @pervistaylor or facebook www.facebook.com/pervistaylor3.