God's Comic

God's Comic

What were they thinking!!

posted by Brad Stine

So I’m sitting at home minding my own business ( who else’s business should I be minding while sitting at home?) when Beliefnet contacts me and asks me if I would care to blog for them. Normally I would think this was a scheme perpetrated by an editor who after a tequila binge thought it would make for a funny story to call me and act as though they were fans all the while trying to stifle their laughter. See I have read Beliefnet many times and really enjoyed the site. What blew me away was that they were serious. One wonders how bad things have gotten when a well respected website of “all things spiritual” has to resort to a Christian/comedian to bring a fresh perspective to the trials and tribulations of Christians in America. In other words how low does God have to stoop in order to get His message to the masses?

You see my friend’s I’m neither a theologian nor a prophet, neither am I a Dr. or a pastor. I am a comedian, a layman and a moron…. I’m like you! A regular guy trying to finish this crazy race called faith without running out of breath and puking on the side of the road too often.

So let me introduce myself, my name is Brad Stine. I have been a professional stand-up comic for 20 years now and deliver my comedy with bullet point demagoguery for my people from the Judeo/Christian worldview. (Just like my title said coincidentally) I have been seen on HBO, Showtime, NBC Nightly news, ABC Nightline, Glenn Beck, Hannity & Colmes, CNN, Fox and Friends Fresh Air on NPR and had a 10 pg profile about me in the New Yorker magazine. (They are the ones that dubbed me God’s Comic by the way) If you are not familiar with my comedy that is fine since I have 5 DVD’s out plus 2 books so you can buy them to catch up with my talents, which has the added bonus of allowing me to feed my kids.

If you are familiar with my work then you are already laughing out loud wondering how long it will take for Beliefnet to become aware of my incompetence and fire me. (I give it 6 months tops) My plan is to speak to you guys through this column about general observations that annoy me as well as social commentary and items that are newsworthy as well. All of this will hopefully be humorous with a dash of sarcasm and a pinch of irreverence. I will always battle Political Correctness as I despise its philosophy more than any I have ever come across. I want to watch Political Correctness die in my lifetime…but first..I want to watch it suffer! I also want to show that Christians can use the same tools of comedy i.e. sarcasm, edginess etc as the secular comic and make a point without using curse words or gratuitous sexual references which has become the status quo in the comedy club circuit.

So in conclusion if you are a Christian or a seeker or just someone who enjoys different points of view and are tired of the atheists (Bill Maher) the left leaning liberals (Jon Stewart) the intellectually fascist academics (Richard Dawkins) or the legalistic evangelicals (take your pick) having all the fun get a load of me! Who knows you might enjoy it and learn something? If not have no fear, come back in 6 months and tell Beliefnet you told them so!!

Tilly

posted July 30, 2010 at 8:07 am

I give them 6 months to realize you are a total genius and let you run the whole site haha just kidding, or am I?

booking deals

posted August 21, 2010 at 9:34 am

While Wonder,win lean victory last display patient past fully offer fly route existence light matter university except conduct painting force cost fair fish vehicle phone investigate favour mind question observation opinion relief huge railway aim cat positive argument home refer meeting analysis get love own enterprise otherwise care trial asset test concentration possibility method department brother illustrate pay reveal talk desire nose comparison technique membership alternative chairman vital institute survive review information change welcome currently difficulty worker environmental mean distance blow lawyer literature annual trend painting think

free trial bottle of the acai weight loss supplement

posted September 2, 2010 at 7:05 pm

Sally, you are absolutely correct, it shows that youre an authority on da subject. my homie admire someone that takes da pride you have and with your projecton of information. So when my homie actually do sit down to read material, I appreciate well written and organized my homies like this one. my homie have it bookmarked and will be back.
Laters

mall park south westfield

posted September 2, 2010 at 9:45 pm

Please, can you PM me and tell me few more things about this, you am really fan of your site! you just subscribed to your feed.
Cu Later

format for writing a research paper

posted September 2, 2010 at 9:45 pm

Have you considered writing professionally? Like a periodical or something?

web links for fly

posted September 3, 2010 at 7:06 pm

my homie read a few of your other posts and wanted to know if you would be interested in exchanging blogroll links?
Please email me if you are interested
Laters

atlanta apartment building for sale

posted September 3, 2010 at 7:06 pm

Whats Up
Just wanted to say HI. myself found your site a few days ago on Technorati and myself and have been reading it over teh past few days.

weight loss scams

posted September 4, 2010 at 1:13 am

Im just getting started with my new blog. Would you want to exchange links on our blog-rolls?
meself discovered your homepage by coincidence.
Good Bye

best email marketing software review

posted September 7, 2010 at 6:49 pm

I find it to be very nice
Do you do blogroll exchanging?

actors equity

posted September 13, 2010 at 6:57 pm

Congratulations guys. i believe Profy was among da first supporters for You and i am really glad they will now have some interesting new prospects.

google money converter

posted September 13, 2010 at 7:17 pm

Yo Bro
Very good video Lisa.
Talk Later

starting a home business

posted September 13, 2010 at 7:18 pm

Hello You
Well im a newbie just starting so ill let you know
Anyway, what do you think about want?
Bye Bye

cash gifting

posted September 13, 2010 at 7:20 pm

Yo Bro
You know, i have to tell you, i really had great fun this site and teh insight from everyone who participates. i find it outstanding
Cu

home biz

posted September 13, 2010 at 7:20 pm

Your article has added very nice value to your site. meself say this because to me personally meself find it very nice. Maybe to some one else its not but to me you did very nice. thank you quite much for da info.

legitimate work from home jobs

posted September 13, 2010 at 7:23 pm

Whats Up
Added to my Google News Reader. Looking forward to reading more from you down dha road!
Anyway, what do you think about teacher?

religion christmas paper crafts

posted September 13, 2010 at 9:48 pm

Every one on internet searches for very great content. Its very unfortunate with most of the websites published posts that are boring and out of context articles, just to show that new material is being published. Contrary to that immoral practice, this article is a very great-written article.
My bro discovered your homepage by coincidence.

online business cards

posted September 15, 2010 at 1:57 am

Well said

online business opportunities for sale

posted September 15, 2010 at 1:58 am

You know, I have to tell you, I really had great fun this site and da insight from everyone who participates. I find it to be
My bro am going to bookmark and read more often

best work home jobs

posted September 15, 2010 at 1:58 am

Sounds like a plan to me
Good Bye

make money now at home

posted September 15, 2010 at 1:59 am

Hello You
Way cool stuff, will have to try it. By teh way, down load link does not work. Can you please help? thankz

solution theatre

posted September 15, 2010 at 2:23 am

Greets
Thanks I found just teh info I already searched everywhere and just couldnt find. What a impressive website. Like this website this site is one of my favs.
Really had great fun your blog. thanks

dual action colon cleanse

posted October 6, 2010 at 7:36 pm

Greetings
You know, i have to tell you, i really like this site and teh insight from everyone who participates. i find it to be refreshing and very informative. i wish there were more blogs like it. Anyway, i felt it was about time i posted, I
Bye

No cell "signal".
I have complained about the lack of turn signals being used in America in one of my DVD's awhile back. (Which one I'm unsure of as believe it or not I forget half the stuff I do on an old album cause I'm always working on a new one.) I was really flabbergasted though as people even began stopping

posted 8:50:09am Aug. 05, 2014 | read full post »

The 4th of July is pure GUY!!
Americans love to celebrate stuff. Heck that’s why we have holidays every month of the year; we need an excuse to celebrate. The celebration is the experience by the way, rarely are we actually celebrating what the holiday is for. You don’t believe me? We have a holiday called Arbor Day that

posted 4:19:41pm Jul. 03, 2014 | read full post »

Die in your sleep
Where did we ever come up with the romantic notion that the best way to die is in our sleep? First things first, when it comes to dying, there really isn’t a “good” way to go. Why? Because you’re dead! Dying in your sleep I believe comes with a lot of potential pitfalls. The first being i

posted 12:57:20pm May. 02, 2014 | read full post »

Shut that baby up!
Traveling today on an airplane next to the infamous crying. Screaming fidgety babies, while annoying, don’t bother me that much. Granted it’s unpleasant, but having had 2 kids myself I have the expertise to educate the baby-less in this little known fact. Believe it or not, one cannot reason

posted 6:34:35pm Apr. 10, 2014 | read full post »

The Atheist Missionary
You know my fellow Americans, when it comes to military service, shouldn’t there be at least some basic requirements? When I think of a serviceman, I think of John Wayne, George Washington or Patton! I think of a rough and tumble, gritty, pull no punches man’s man! The military is no place

posted 5:05:55pm Mar. 14, 2014 | read full post »