Click on a category name to view a list of all Beliefnet's stories in that topic:
Culture & Life | God & Torah
Holidays & Lifecycle | Holocaust
Interfaith Issues | Jewish Identity
Israeli/American Politics | Spirituality & Beliefs
Culture & Jewish Life
Under the Joy, Dark Notes
Avivah Zornberg's latest give us a layered reading of Exodus
By Sarah Blustain
Southern Jews, Rediscovered
New histories of Southern Jews close a troubling identity gap.
by Lauren F. Winner
A Novel Kabbalist
A talk with Mitchell Chefitz, author of a novel about kabbalists and kabbalistic themes.
by Rodger Kamenetz
African American and Orthodox Jewish
Black converts to Orthodox Judaism discuss what drew them to their new faith and the challenges they face from both communities.
by Debra Goldberg
Take a Chant on Me
Or, how siddha-yoga chanting enhances my Jewishness.
By Jill Maxi Schreibman
Accusations of abuse against a youth leader raise disturbing questions about why--and how--a community could look the other way.
by Blu Greenberg
Two new books will help parents teach their kids about Shabbat, honoring their parents, and other matters Jewish.
by Vanessa Ochs
More from Beliefnet
- Freedom to Offend: Iran’s Contest Focuses on Holocaust Denial
- Estos famosos tenían un gran interés por el ocultismo
- Descubre El Verdadero Nombre De Las Personas Que Marcaron La Historia De La Humanidad
- Most Inspirational of 2015 – Nicholas Winton
- Religion par Excellence: can the Bible be Useful to Atheists?