Mr. Jordan and Messenger 7013 in 'Here Comes Mr. Jordan' (1941)
This was the first version of a story later remade with Warren Beatty in "Heaven Can Wait" and Chris Rock in "Down to Earth." Robert Montgomery (father of "Bewitched's" Elizabeth Montgomery) plays a boxer whose soul is prematurely taken by an apprentice angel named Messenger 7013 (Edward Everett Horton). Mr. Jordan (Claude Rains), the supervising angel, has to help find a new body for the boxer's soul. This gentle comedy has a sweetness and kindness that makes it touching as well as entertaining.
- Clips: A Birder's Guide to Everything
- The $11 Billion Year -- Anne Thompson's New Book About Hollywood
- Former Catholic Channel boss Rob Astorino running for NYS governor + "We Ride to DC" looks at media bias against conservatives
- Behind the Scenes: "Noah"
- Facts of Life Stars Reunite in a New Hallmark Channel Movie
- Read the Full Blog