2. SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR: The “Beliefnet Newsletter Sign Up Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Beliefnet, Inc., c/o Fox Cable Networks, 10201 W. Pico Boulevard, Building 103, 3rd Floor, Los Angeles, California 90035 (“Sponsor”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: To enter the sweepstakes you must be a permanent, legal resident of the 50 states of the United States or District of Columbia and eighteen (18) years of age or older as of October 22, 2009. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Beliefnet, Inc., Fox Cable Network Services, LLC, Fox Entertainment Group, The News Corporation, Inc., and the parent companies, distributors, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion fulfillment and/or judging agencies, retailers of each such companies, persons and/or entities, ("Sponsor and their agents"), and the families and immediate family and/or household members (including, but not limited to, mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, step-brothers, step-sisters and in-laws) of Sponsor and their agents are not eligible. By participating, entrants agree to these official rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to this sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes will be governed by all applicable federal, state and local laws.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Sweepstakes begins at 3:00 pm Eastern Time (ET) on October 23, 2009, and ends at 4:00 pm ET on November 29, 2009. All Entries must be received electronically by 4:00 pm ET on November 29, 2009 to be eligible. To enter, visit http://www.beliefnet.com/sweepstakes, and sign up to receive the free e-mail newsletter or follow the links to the Sweepstakes registration page where you must sign up to receive the free e-mail newsletter to be entered to win. Only new newsletter registrations during the Sweepstakes period are eligible for entry into the Sweepstakes. Any registrations made prior to the start date or after the end date of the Sweepstakes will NOT be entered into the Sweepstakes. To be eligible you must complete and submit all requested information.
Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, illegible, or incomplete entries. Incomplete entries are ineligible. Limit one entry per e-mail address for the entire Sweepstakes. The one entry per e-mail address maximum will be strictly enforced. Forged entries, altered entries or entries obtained other than as set out in these rules will be void and ineligible. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and, will not be acknowledged or returned, and will be subject to the privacy information published at http://www.beliefnet.com/About-Us/Privacy-Policy.aspx. Entry must be made by the entrant, only at the authorized website address of http://www.beliefnet.com. Entries made by any other individual or any entity and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared void and as such deemed ineligible for this Sweepstakes.
Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor’s representatives, or if entrant has or had attempted to submit malicious code, .exe files, or any file that contains malicious code.
5. DRAWINGS: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Prize winner drawing will be held on approximately November 30, 2009. Random selection will be under supervision of Sponsor or its designee, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. The selected prize winner will be notified e-mail and/or regular mail (as determined by Sponsor) on or about November 30, 2009. If the selected prize winner cannot be reached by e-mail/phone within two (2) business days of Sponsor’s first attempt to notify such winner, such prize winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries by random drawing. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize winner will be subject to verification. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
6. PRIZES: One Grand Prize will be awarded for the entire Sweepstakes. The Grand Prize consists of Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00) cash. Grand Prize will be awarded in the form of a check to the confirmed Grand Prize winner. If the prize is unclaimed Sponsor will attempt to award such prize to an alternate winner in accordance with these official rules. Depiction of any Sweepstakes prize, or any portion thereof, in any advertising, promotional materials, or on Sponsor’s website(s) or on the sweepstakes webpage may not reflect the actual prize(s) delivered to the winner. Sponsor or its agents shall not be responsible for delays in delivery of any portion of any prize once it has been shipped by Sponsor or its agent. Winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to their prize after it has been delivered to such winner. Prize winner is solely responsible for all Federal, State, and local taxes on their prize and/or such winner’s acceptance thereof. Winner may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of their awarded prize. Prize winner cannot assign or transfer their prize, or any portion thereof, to another person or entity and is not entitled to cash in place of their prize. Each Prize, or any portion thereof, is subject to availability and Sponsor in its sole discretion may substitute a different prize of approximately equivalent or greater retail value except where prohibited by law.
7. CLAIMING PRIZE/RELEASES. Eligibility, age and all claims made by winner are subject to verification.Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent calls/mail/e-mails made/sent to entrants not by Sponsor. Potential winner will be required to complete, sign, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, and Liability/Publicity Release Form (except where prohibited by law) within five (5) business days of winner’s receipt of same. If the Sweepstakes winner is under the age of majority in their state of residence at the time the Prize is awarded, consent must be provided by parent or legal guardian prior to award of the Prize, and any failure to obtain consent from parent or legal guardian will result in such minor’s disqualification from the Sweepstakes. By accepting any prize, or any portion thereof, the winner consents to the use of his/her name, photographs and likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes in all media without additional compensation, except in Tennessee and where prohibited by law. If any selected potential winner fails to comply with these official rules, is found to be ineligible and/or does not submit required documentation within the designated period, their prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. By accepting any prize, or any portion thereof, winner further acknowledges that the Sponsor and any other entity involved with this Sweepstakes have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied in fact or in law, relative to the Prize or the Prize suppliers or to any portion thereof, including by not limited to its quality, merchantability, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose including, without limitation, use of any equipment associated with any portion of the Prize. If any Sweepstakes prize notifications are returned as undeliverable, or if any prize winner refuses their prize, or any portion thereof, such prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected in accordance with the rules of this Sweepstakes.
8. GENERAL. By entering the Sweepstakes and/or accepting any prize, or any portion thereof, each entrant agrees to: (a) be bound by these rules; (b) release Sponsor and their agents, and their parent companies, subsidiaries, distributors, affiliates, advertising and promotion partners, fulfillment and/or judging agencies, retailers, franchises, agents and their estate and/or family members (collectively “Releasees”) from all liability, claims, action, or proceedings relating to the Sweepstakes and from injuries or damages arising in connection with or relating to participation in the Sweepstakes, or use or misuse of any prize, or portion thereof; and (c) waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these official rules. All taxes and other expenses not specified herein, including federal, state, local, and departure, licenses and registrations, are the sole responsibility of the winner. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these official rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes, to void suspect entries and/or cancel, terminate or suspend any portion of this Sweepstakes should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, in any such event, at its discretion, select the winner from eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such termination, cancellation or suspension. This Sweepstakes may not be used for any form of gambling.
9. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY/UNFORSEEN EVENTS: Releasees shall not be responsible or liable for any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death, in connection with the prize provided pursuant to the Sweepstakes and/or any person’s participation in the Sweepstakes. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, Releasees shall not be liable to winner or any other person for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, for any reason beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor (including, but not limited to, acts of God, or any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity) (each an “Event of Force Majeure”). If for any reason (including, but not limited to, an Event of Force Majeure) Sponsor cannot continue the Sweepstakes, then the Sweepstakes will not resume until Sponsor resumes normal business, if ever. In the event that this Sweepstakes is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority (including but not limited to any federal or state governmental authority), Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Sweepstakes, as applicable, or to disqualify entrants residing in any affected geographic areas, as applicable. In such event, Sponsor shall have no liability to any entrants who are disqualified due to such an action. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsors, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the promotion, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law.
10. The Releasees shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (a) by wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of Sweepstakes prize manufacturer, supplier or any of their agents, servants, employees, or independent contractors, (b) by the wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Releasees, or (c) any cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Releasees. Releasees shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity arising out of or relating to any prize granted under this Sweepstakes, even if caused by the negligence of any maker, distributor or supplier of any portion of any prize or their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies.
11. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, SUBMIT MALICIOUS CODE, .EXE FILES, OR ANY FILE THAT CONTAINS MALICIOUS CODE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR OR ITS AGENTS OR THE RELEASEES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR RESPECTIVE ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEB SITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEB SITE.WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE WEB SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12. OFFICIAL RULES / WINNERS LIST. For a copy of the Official Rules or Winners List, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before December 31, 2009 and put “Beliefnet Newsletter Sign Up Sweepstakes” Official Rules / Winner’s List in the subject line. Please specify Official Rules or Winners List. Winners list available after December 15, 2009.