NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Creative Wedding Vows Contest (the "Contest") is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (specifically excluding Arizona and any US territories or possessions) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. VOID IN ARIZONA, US TERRITORIES OR POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. The Contest is sponsored by Beliefnet, Inc., 115 East 23rd Street, New York, NY 10010 ("Beliefnet" or "Sponsor"). Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies and the immediate family members of each are not eligible. By entering the Contest, entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by the Official Rules and the rules of Sponsor.
1. To enter the Contest, publish your vows on the Wedding Vows Exchange and then send an email to email@example.com. Your email must include your full name, mailing address, age, telephone number, and email address, as well as the name of the bride and groom as shown on the page you've created. Entries must be submitted between April 20 and May 31, 2001 (midnight EST).
2. LIMIT ONE CONTEST ENTRY PER PERSON. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
3. BY SUBMITTING YOUR WEDDING VOWS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO DO SO AND THAT YOUR SUBMISSION OF THE WEDDING VOWS AND SPONSOR'S DISPLAY, REPRODUCTION, OR USE OF THEM ON WWW.BELIEFNET.COM OR ELSEWHERE DOES NOT VIOLATE ANOTHER PARTY'S COPYRIGHT, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OR ANY OTHER RIGHTS. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK INDEMNIFICATION FROM ANY ENTRANT WHOSE SUBMISSION IS OR BECOMES THE SUBJECT OF A THIRD-PARTY CLAIM.
4. BY SUBMITTING YOUR WEDDING VOWS, YOU HEREBY GRANT SPONSOR A PERPETUAL, WORLDWIDE, ROYALTY-FREE, NON-REVOCABLE LICENSE TO REPRODUCE, PUBLISH, DISPLAY, PERFORM PUBLICLY OR PRIVATELY, DISTRIBUTE, MODIFY, CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS FROM, INCLUDE IN AN ANTHOLOGY, OR OTHERWISE USE YOUR SUBMISSION. YOU ALSO HEREBY GRANT TO VISITORS TO BELIEFNET THE RIGHT TO USE OR ADAPT YOUR VOWS IN A PRIVATE CEREMONY FOR NON-COMMERCIAL PURPOSES ONLY. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SPONSOR IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO POST OR DISPLAY YOUR SUBMISSION, AND MAY REMOVE SUCH SUBMISSION FROM ITS WEBSITE AT ANY TIME AND FOR ANY REASON.
5. Winner Selections: The Judging will take place on or about June 1, 2001. Entries will be judged and winners selected by employees of Sponsor according to the following criteria: Creativity, Spirituality, and Writing Skill All decisions of the judges are final.
6. Prizes: Twenty (20) winners will be selected based on the stated criteria for judging wedding vows submissions. Potential winners will be notified by email. Subject to verification and compliance, each eligible winner will receive one (1) copy of the book Illuminating the Heart: Steps Toward a More Spiritual Marriage, by Barbara G. and Gregory P. Markway (Approximate retail value: $13.95; Total approximate retail value of all prizes: 20 x $13.95 or $279). No substitution or transfer of prizes to cash or other items permitted with the exception that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable.
7. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for lost, late or misdirected entries or for any problems of technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, Sponsor, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer resulting from downloading any materials in the promotion.
8. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE BELIEFNET WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANTS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. General Conditions: Contest entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the judges, which are final on all matters pertaining to this Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner. All delivery charges will be the responsibility of Sponsor, for shipment within the United States only. Prizewinners may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity Release within seven days following attempted notification. Noncompliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Entrants further grant to Sponsor the right to use and publish their public name and state their name and city/state of residence online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Contest. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner's name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this Contest if it becomes technically corrupted, and to select a winning entry from among those entries received prior to the time of termination.
BY ENTERING, PARTICIPANTS RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ITS RESPECTIVE PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST OR USE OF THE PRIZE WON, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CLAIMS OF INFRINGEMENT, PERSONAL INJURY, VIOLATIONS OF RIGHTS OF PRIVACY OR PUBLICITY, OR DEFAMATION.
12. Winners List: The names of the prizewinners will be posted on the Contest Announcement page (LINK) on or about June 15, 2001. A list of winners will also be available by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to 115 East 23rd Street, New York, NY 10010.