1. I will not give my name, address, telephone number, school, or my parents' names, address, or telephone number, to anyone I meet on the computer.
2. I understand that some people online pretend to be someone else. Sometimes they pretend to be kids, when they're really grown ups. I will tell my parents about people I meet online. I will also tell my parents before I answer any e-mails I get from or send e-mails to new people I meet online.
3. I will not buy or order anything online without asking my parents or give out any credit card information.
4. I will not fill out any form online that asks me for any information about myself or my family without asking my parents first.
5. I will not get into arguments or fights online. If someone tries to start an argument or fight with me, I won't answer him or her and will tell my parents.
6. If I see something I do not like or that I know my parents don't want me to see, I will click on the "back" button or log off.
7. If I see people doing things or saying things to other kids online I know they're not supposed to do or say, I'll tell my parents.
8. I won't keep online secrets from my parents.
9. If someone sends me any pictures or any e-mails using bad language, I will tell my parents.
10. If someone asks me to do something I am not supposed to do, I will tell my parents.
11. I will not call anyone I met online, in person, unless my parents say it's okay.
12. I will never meet in person anyone I met online, unless my parents say it's okay.
13. I will never send anything to anyone I met online, unless my parents say it's okay.
14. If anyone I met online sends me anything, I will tell my parents.
15. I will not use something I found online and pretend it's mine.
16. I won't say bad things about people online, and I will practice good Netiquette.
17. I won't use bad language online.
18. I know that my parents want to make sure I'm safe online, and I will listen to them when they ask me not to do something.
19. I will help teach my parents more about computers and the Internet.
20. I will practice safe computing, and check for viruses whenever I borrow a disk from someone or download something from the Internet.
I promise to follow these rules.
I promise to help my child follow these rules and not to overreact if my child tells me about bad things in cyberspace (signed by parent).