We all want to be happy, but sometimes trying to find happiness can be a struggle and out of reach. The Bible can give us the needed support when we need it and breathe inspiration back into our lives. The key is diving into the Scriptures to find out what God may be speaking. But we sometimes get in the way of our own joy, despite the tools God gives us. For example, you may come to a place of wanting change to happen or you may need to accept the fact that you were not meant to go in a certain direction. This doesn't have to impact your happiness, but we often allow circumstances to steal our contentment. This limits God from working in and through us. The good thing is that we can always return to Him to take the limits off. Galatians 5:1 said: “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.” Let's look at 12 Bible Verses for a happier you.
1. 2 Corinthians 12:10-11"That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." Why would God instruct us to do this? Because if we don't we will end up in a corner somewhere playing the victim. The mind is a powerful weapon, so use it as a source to help you through situations. We can be strong in Him when we are annoyed and can endure hardships when we rest in Him.
2. Hebrews 4:2"The Word of God is quick, and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword--piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow. It is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Sometimes you need to remind yourself the heck with things that go on. You know what? Sometimes you need to not give a hoot regarding negative influences in the world and go to God.
3. Psalm 4:6-8When we rely on our own power and talents, we are limiting God in a big way as we can only do so much. "Let the light of Your face shine on us. Fill my heart with joy when their grain and new wine abound. In peace I will lie down and sleep, for You alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety." Your thoughts will dictate your emotions. Our feelings are up and are down on any given day. If we are feeling bad about ourselves we might feel worse if our thoughts are tanking.
4. Proverbs 13:20"He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm." If you are finding that the people that you are spending time with are polluting you more than energizing you, you need to rethink the relationships because your happiness depends on it. Pay more mind to the people you are spending time as they could be toxic.
5. Colossians 1:13-14We can get into more of a mess when self-doubt comes along. These are false, faulty and misleading inner voices that need to be weakened because it extinguishes happiness. "He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the Kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." Recognize that you are redeemed from sin, self-hate and anything that pushes you into the darkness of despair.
6. John 14:7Every failure in life often give us the most valuable experiences and dramatic growth. You can turn a corner and use this season of your life as an opportunity. But we need to hold onto His peace, which offers happiness. “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”
7. Philippians 4:6-7We are told to "Not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Allow God to take your emotions no matter if they are great or poor.
8. Psalm 16:11Sometimes we won't accomplish everything we want to, but at the end of the day, it is all about God and His mission for us. "You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."
9. Luke 12:22-26Again, the Bible addresses the subject of worry, so it must be important! Jesus said: "Do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: they do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn, yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?”
10. Romans 8:38-39Romans 8:38-39 said: “And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.” No matter what you are going through today, God has your back!
11. Psalm 84:11There are so many people who don’t expect anything good in life. They don’t expect to get breaks and it shows. You need to believe that God will give you favor today! "For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor. No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly."
12. Peter 1:3-4It’s simple to become cynical because you get beat down. You go through a few disappointments and it’s easy to stay in that negative frame of mind and lose your joy. Choosing to be positive and to have a grateful perspective on how Jesus rescued you can offer solace! “He has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled and unfading, kept in Heaven for you.”
We all struggle with finding happiness for sure. But we are more apt to push God away during those bad days and this will do more harm. Turn the page today and rejoice that you can have permanent happiness as God intended. To help you get started, keep these Scriptures handy and start memorizing them. Once you get them into your spirit, you will experience the difference.