Item #1 of 2 THEBLAZE.COM – A Texas man’s pregnant wife made it clear she was against having a firearm in their house. However, the husband insisted she learn how to use a gun to protect herself just in case. In fact, it was just a few months ago that he took her out to […]
Calvin’s Commentary: What Glenn Beck talked about on his Monday show (4/22/13) is mostly covered in Item #1 below. Beck never revealed anything much more than what I heard him say Friday (4/20/13). Frankly, the Monday show was not much of anything new and was a trifle confusing and disappointing because I expected to hear the identity of this mysterious Saudi student and did not. ~ § ~ Regarding Item #2: Meanwhile, “Before It’s News” has revealed what supposedly Beck was going to (the true identity) and for some reason didn’t? But, I have no idea who Beck was talking about when he said that he knew the true identity of the Saudi in the hospital. Alas, all this is interesting and intriguing. – – – – So – – – – – Is this Saudi “person of interest” really Osama’s son as Before it’s News lays claim to (see Item #2 of 2)? Truly, I have no idea! Your guess is as good as mine. ▬ Donna Calvin ▬ Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Item #1 of 2
Blaze Exclusive: Key Congressmen Request Classified Briefing on Saudi ‘Person of Interest’ in Boston Bombing
Apr. 21, 2013 11:13pm Erica Ritz
The House Committee on Homeland Security on Sunday emailed TheBlaze a copy of their request to Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano for more information on the Saudi national originally described as a “person of interest” in the Boston Marathon bombing.
The Saudi national — originally identified as Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi — has been the topic of fierce debate in recent days, after he was reportedly set to be deported under section 212 3B of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) – “Security and related grounds” – “Terrorist activities,” after the bombing.
The story gained a curious twist when, after it gained more traction, President & Chief Content Officer for TheBlaze Joel Cheatwood received word from one of his investigative reporters that “there is now discussion that they may not allow this man to be deported.”
When Napolitano was asked about the issue by South Carolina Rep. Jeff Duncan last week, she said his question was “so full of misstatements and misapprehension that it’s just not worthy of an answer.”
ICE sources later told TheBlaze that a separate Saudi national was in custody, and that he is “in no way affiliated” with the Boston attacks.
Now, the House Committee on Homeland Security wants some answers.
Here is a copy of the letter, signed by Chairman Michael T. McCaul, Chairman Jeff Duncan of the subcommittee on Oversight and Management Efficiency, Chairman Peter King of the subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence, and Chairman Candice Miller of the subcommittee on Border and Maritime Security:
The letter reads:
We are writing to request a classified briefing on Department of Homeland Security information and actions related to the case of the original person of interest in the terrorist attack at the Boston Marathon on Monday, April 22, 2013.
On Thursday, April 18th, you testified before the Committee on Homeland Security and responded to a question related to this individual’s immigration status by saying that you “were unaware of anyone being deported for national security concerns at all related to Boston.” However, media reports have continued to raise concerns about this individual and adjustments that may have been made to his immigration status, including possible visa revocation and terrorist watch-listing, in the days following the bombing.
We request the Department provide a detailed overview of the records associated with this individual to include his law enforcement and immigration records prior to April 15, 2013, as well as his current status. We request briefers from the Office of Intelligence and Analysis, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and Customs and Border Protection.
We appreciate your immediate attention to this issue and anticipate your prompt reply.
The committee says it has copies of the original deportation order, and has confirmed to TheBlaze and several other media outlets that the facts are as we reported last week.
Glenn Beck will break more news about the story during his Monday radio and television broadcasts.
Item #2 of 2
IF WHAT IS SHOWN BELOW THAT GLENN BECK IS GOING TO BREAK ON HIS PROGRAM EVENTUALLY . . . WE ALL ARE GOING TO BE ASTOUNDED!
THE WEB SITE ‘BEFORE ITS NEWS’ IS REPORTING (CLAIMING) …
That Detained Saudi “Student” Named Al-Harbi, Is Actually Osama bin-Laden’s Son, Hamza bin Laden
FROM BEFORE IT’S NEWS – There’s a video at ‘Before it’s News’ allegedly showing – “SAUDI STUDENT” WAS TACKLED FLEEING BOSTON MARATHON, THEN HOSPITALIZED WITH “SEVERE HAND BURNS AND SHRAPNEL IN BACKSIDE OF LEG.”
GLENN BECK promised HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT TOMORROW (Monday)… Beck said on his [Friday] TV show:
“We know who this Saudi national is, and if government doesn’t come clean and announce his identity, on Monday THE BLAZE will.”
“He [Glenn Beck] did not so I (Before its News) did !”
4/22/13 – Al-Harbi, Osama bin-Laden’s son who was 50 feet from the bombing of the Boston Marathon, was tagged 3-B status – terrorist. Yet a student visa was granted after terrorist status was assigned to him. The student visa was for Finley, Ohio. He has been in Boston for six months. Interesting, what the hell was he doing in Boston for the past 6 months when he was supposed to be in Finley, Ohio??? – Copied from Before It’s News