Item #1 of 2 THEBLAZE.COM – A Texas man’s pregnant wife made it clear she was against having a firearm in their house. However, the husband insisted she learn how to use a gun to protect herself just in case. In fact, it was just a few months ago that he took her out to […]
Pictures and Brief Bio’s of The Players in the Zimmerman Case Added
Now that George Zimmerman is behind bars facing murder charges for shooting Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Fla. on Feb. 26, there are questions about just how strong a case prosecutors have against him.
(CBS News) – By Mark Strassmann
Special prosecutor Angela Corey’s affidavit outlines her case, saying, Zimmerman “profiled” Martin as a suspicious person, and became the aggressor when he “disregarded the police dispatcher” on this call.
Corey said, “If (the) ‘Stand Your Ground’ (law) becomes an issue, we will fight it.”
But many criminal trial lawyers in Orlando see nothing in the special prosecutor’s affidavit that would convict Zimmerman.
Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law allows even the original aggressor in a fight to use deadly force – if that person becomes reasonably afraid of being killed or seriously hurt.
Trial lawyer Richard Hornsby has litigated 15 “Stand Your Ground” cases – none of them homicides – and won them all.
Hornsby told CBS News he thinks Corey’s affidavit is more significant for what it leaves out than for what it includes.
“The moment George Zimmerman fired that shot is the key question in this entire case,” Hornsby said. “Did he reasonably believe he had to fire that shot to defend himself? And the fact (Corey) completely left that out, begs the question, does she not have any evidence to refute his version of the events?”
A hearing next Friday will determine whether Zimmerman should be freed on bond.
Judge Jessica Recksiedler might have to step aside from George Zimmerman’s murder case. Her husband works in the same law firm as a CNN legal analyst. Mark O’Mara, Zimmerman’s lawyer, will decide next week whether he sees that as a conflict.
(Jean Casarez, an attorney and correspondent for “In Session” on Tru-TV, discussed the case on CBS This Morning: Saturday.” Watch her analysis in the video at http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57414081/strength-of-case-against-zimmerman-questioned/
Read More and watch videos: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57414081/strength-of-case-against-zimmerman-questioned/
- Bond issue next up as Zimmerman case progresses
- Court affidavit: Zimmerman “profiled” Trayvon Martin
Pictures and Brief Bio’s of The Players in the Zimmerman Case that have been added to the news story came from many sources including their own websites, their own Facebook accounts, and Wikipedia.
SEE RELATED WATCHWOMAN POSTS:
If the following links do not work, just copy and paste the link into your browser.
- Strength of case against Zimmerman questioned (Bio’s, Pics of THE PLAYERS)
- Farrakhan: ‘My God Will Wipe This Country From the Face of the Earth’
- Jesse Jackson Tips His Hand
- Mike Tyson on George Zimmerman: ‘It’s a disgrace he hasn’t been shot yet’
- BLACK KLAN: “Spill the blood of honkeys, crackers, pigs, pink people, these **** people”
- What the media never tells you about crime!
- BREAKING! Zimmerman charged with second degree murder
- “I am the real George Zimmerman…”
- Man tells police group yelled ‘Trayvon,’ then beat him
- Political Cartoon – Zimmerman and NBC
- Mainstream Media: Selective Editing, Rushing Judgment, Stoking Anger, Fake Photos, Incendiary Stumbles
- Political Cartoon: Hoodies
- Hoodie-Wearing Gunmen Kill 1, Wound 5 in Bobby Rush’s Chicago District (Bobby, former Black Panther wears hoodie in US House)
- Hotzone Oxycodone: Crime Stats of Area Where Zimmerman encountered Trayvon (Sanford, FL & Twin Lakes)
- Coincidence? Obama camp peddles 2012 ‘Hoodies’ (Cleveland Councilman sports hoodie at Cleveland Meeting)
- Dems Throw Hispanic Vote Up for Grabs – Bringing Trayvon Martin’s parents to Capitol Hill
- Trayvon Martin – 3 Time Loser at School (Daily Mail Reporter)
- Spike Lee Retweets George Zimmerman’s Home Address
- Zimmerman & Family Get Death Threats, Moved to Undisclosed location
- Eye for Eye! Black Panther offer $10,000 Bounty for Zimmerman
- Police Report: Zimmerman’s Account (Corroborated by witnesses)
- Trayvon’s Mother Seeks to Trademark Her Son’s Name
- Former NAACP leader accuses Sharpton, Jackson of ‘exploiting’ Treyvon Martin, says C.L. Bryant
- ‘Cracker’ T-shirt hits Florida streets – You never want a serious crisis to go to waste!
- Witness Says Trayvon Martin Attacked George Zimmerman
Posted by Donna Calvin – Saturday, April 14, 2012
Please share this Watchwoman post on your Facebook page, Linkedin, Google+1, Twitter to all your friends, Please click “Like”, Share, and Leave Comments.
Visit Word Warriorette, a free Yahoo Group, and subscribe to be notified (one email a day) of new posts on Watchwoman.
DISCLAIMER: Beliefnet puts paid advertisements on “Watchwoman on the Wall” blog site including some that would never be approved of by the King James Bible, Pastor Ernie Sanders of Doers of the Word Church, What’s Right-What’s Left Radio Ministry, the Voice of the Christian Resistance, Geauga County Right to Life and Donna Calvin. We at www.WRWL.org do not condone, endorse, adhere to, practice or believe in many of the topics and some of what other bloggers promote or their religions at Beliefnet. However, Mrs. Calvin has no control of what Beliefnet displays. She blogs at Beliefnet because she is in the missionary field ministering to true believers posting articles and commentaries informing pro-life, conservative Christians of recent anti-Christian acts and hostile legislation to God’s Agenda and His Will for the world. Hopefully, unbelievers will read these along with the salvation message of Jesus Christ as written in the Gospel of John, Chapter 3, according to the King James Bible, and be saved. A missionary must go into the unbelievers’ territory to reach them. Her mission is to Proclaim Warning to a Nation that has forgotten their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, the only Truth, the Life, and the only Way to the One God the Father.
Read more: http://blog.beliefnet.com/watchwomanonthewall/?p=4928