Item #1 of 2 THEBLAZE.COM – A Texas man’s pregnant wife made it clear she was against having a firearm in their house. However, the husband insisted she learn how to use a gun to protect herself just in case. In fact, it was just a few months ago that he took her out to […]
By Chad Smith, Staff writer
Police are investigating the “racially motivated” beating of a 27-year-old man who was walking home from midtown bars early Saturday when he said he was jumped by five to eight men who shouted “Trayvon” before the attack.
The exclamation was an apparent reference to Trayvon Martin, a 17-year-old from Miami who was shot and killed in February walking back to his father’s girlfriend’s house in Sanford.
His shooter, George Zimmerman, has not been charged.
The case of Martin, an unarmed black teenager who was killed by Zimmerman, a Hispanic crime-watch volunteer, has stirred conversations across the country about race, crime and profiling.
Investigators believe that case was the catalyst for the beating Saturday in Gainesville.
“We do believe that the crime was racially motivated,” Gainesville Police Department spokeswoman Cpl. Angelina Valuri said.
The assailants were black, while the victim is white, Valuri said.
She said the victim had been drinking and could not provide a description of the attackers or their vehicle, only that it was a mid-size vehicle.
But Valuri said his injuries were consistent with being jumped by a group.
During what he told police was a five-minute beating, he sustained injuries to the left eye, abrasions to his palms and a cut on his right kneecap, and Valuri said he would likely have “permanent disfigurement to the left side of his face.”
He was taken to Shands at the University of Florida for treatment.
The attack occurred at about 2:45 a.m. in the 3200 block of Southwest 23rd Terrace.
The victim told police that a vehicle was coming east on Southwest 32nd Place when it stopped at 23rd Terrace.
A group of men got out and told him he was walking too slowly, the victim told police.
They then yelled “Trayvon,” according to a GPD report, and proceeded to beat him.
SEE RELATED WATCHWOMAN POSTS:
If the following links do not work, just copy and paste the link into your browser.
- What the media never tells you about crime!
- BREAKING! Zimmerman charged with second degree murder
- “I am the real George Zimmerman…”
- Man tells police group yelled ‘Trayvon,’ then beat him
- Political Cartoon – Zimmerman and NBC
- Mainstream Media: Selective Editing, Rushing Judgment, Stoking Anger, Fake Photos, Incendiary Stumbles
- Political Cartoon: Hoodies
- Hoodie-Wearing Gunmen Kill 1, Wound 5 in Bobby Rush’s Chicago District (Bobby, former Black Panther wears hoodie in US House)
- Hotzone Oxycodone: Crime Stats of Area Where Zimmerman encountered Trayvon (Sanford, FL & Twin Lakes)
- Coincidence? Obama camp peddles 2012 ‘Hoodies’ (Cleveland Councilman sports hoodie at Cleveland Meeting)
- Dems Throw Hispanic Vote Up for Grabs – Bringing Trayvon Martin’s parents to Capitol Hill
- Trayvon Martin – 3 Time Loser at School (Daily Mail Reporter)
- Spike Lee Retweets George Zimmerman’s Home Address
- Zimmerman & Family Get Death Threats, Moved to Undisclosed location
- Eye for Eye! Black Panther offer $10,000 Bounty for Zimmerman
- Police Report: Zimmerman’s Account (Corroborated by witnesses)
- Trayvon’s Mother Seeks to Trademark Her Son’s Name
- Former NAACP leader accuses Sharpton, Jackson of ‘exploiting’ Treyvon Martin, says C.L. Bryant
- ‘Cracker’ T-shirt hits Florida streets – You never want a serious crisis to go to waste!
- Witness Says Trayvon Martin Attacked George Zimmerman
Please share this Watchwoman post on your Facebook page, Linkedin, Google+1, Twitter to all your friends, Please click “Like”, Share, and Leave Comments.
Visit Word Warriorette, a free Yahoo Group, and subscribe to be notified (one email a day) of new posts on Watchwoman.
DISCLAIMER: Beliefnet puts paid advertisements on “Watchwoman on the Wall” blog site including some that would never be approved of by the King James Bible, Pastor Ernie Sanders of Doers of the Word Church, What’s Right-What’s Left Radio Ministry, the Voice of the Christian Resistance, Geauga County Right to Life and Donna Calvin. We at www.WRWL.org do not condone, endorse, adhere to, practice or believe in many of the topics and some of what other bloggers promote or their religions at Beliefnet. However, Mrs. Calvin has no control of what Beliefnet displays. She blogs at Beliefnet because she is in the missionary field ministering to true believers posting articles and commentaries informing pro-life, conservative Christians of recent anti-Christian acts and hostile legislation to God’s Agenda and His Will for the world. Hopefully, unbelievers will read these along with the salvation message of Jesus Christ as written in the Gospel of John, Chapter 3, according to the King James Bible, and be saved. A missionary must go into the unbelievers’ territory to reach them. Her mission is to Proclaim Warning to a Nation that has forgotten their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, the only Truth, the Life, and the only Way to the One God the Father.
Read more: http://blog.beliefnet.com/watchwomanonthewall/?p=4928