Item #1 of 2 THEBLAZE.COM – A Texas man’s pregnant wife made it clear she was against having a firearm in their house. However, the husband insisted she learn how to use a gun to protect herself just in case. In fact, it was just a few months ago that he took her out to […]
ITEM #1 OF 3
Sanford, Florida Crime Stats & the Gated Community of Retreat at Twin Lakes
Researching the crime stats would tell more of the story or fill in some blanks regarding the Zimmerman – Trayvon altercation that resulted in the shooting and death of Martin.
According to Neighborhood Scout ( http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/fl/sanford/crime/ ) the city of Sanford has a crime index of 3 – which means the city is safer than 3% of the cities in the US. A score of 100 is safest. A score of 3 wouldn’t make you feel so secure would it?
The specific area where this happened was the gated community of Retreat at Twin Lakes but from another article taken off the web I found this …police had been called to the 260-unit complex 402 times from Jan. 1, 2011 to Feb. 26, 2012. Looking at these stats puts things into a little bit of a different perspective.
ITEM #2 OF 3ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FROM WIKIPEDIA
Sanford has become a hub for opioid distribution and diversion in Florida, a problem that kills approximately 4,000 Floridians a year. According to the US Justice Department, last year pharmacies in Sanford, Florida ordered enough painkillers to supply a population eight times its size. Sanford has a population of 53,000 but the supply ordered would support 400,000.  According to the Drug Enforcement Agency, in 2010 a single CVS pharmacy in Sanford ordered 1.8 million Oxycodone pills, an average of 137,994 pills a month. Other pharmacy customers in Florida averaged 5,364 oxycodone pills a month. DEA investigators serving a warrant to a CVS pharmacy in Sanford on Oct. 18 2011 noted that “approximately every third car that came through the drive-thru lane had prescriptions for oxycodone or hydrocodone.” According to the DEA, a pharmacist at that location stated to investigators that “her customers often requested certain brands of oxycodone using street slang,” an indicator that the drugs were being diverted and not used for legitimate pain management. 
ITEM #3 OF 3
Florida’s problematic gated communities
(CNN)– “Be as paranoid as possible!”
The screed from our homeowner association manager arrived in our mailbox printed inside a cheery holiday border. The message continued: “Our neighborhood is as safe as we make it. Make no mistake about it, you must be on your guard! Report suspicious behavior or individuals that do not belong in our community.” Read more: http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/28/opinion/burton-florida-gates/index.html & Please Keep Scrolling for Imporant Links to other Watchwoman Posts.
SEE RELATED WATCHWOMAN POSTS:
If the following links do not work, just copy and paste the link into your browser.
- What the media never tells you about crime!
- BREAKING! Zimmerman charged with second degree murder
- “I am the real George Zimmerman…”
- Man tells police group yelled ‘Trayvon,’ then beat him
- Political Cartoon – Zimmerman and NBC
- Mainstream Media: Selective Editing, Rushing Judgment, Stoking Anger, Fake Photos, Incendiary Stumbles
- Political Cartoon: Hoodies
- Hoodie-Wearing Gunmen Kill 1, Wound 5 in Bobby Rush’s Chicago District (Bobby, former Black Panther wears hoodie in US House)
- Hotzone Oxycodone: Crime Stats of Area Where Zimmerman encountered Trayvon (Sanford, FL & Twin Lakes)
- Coincidence? Obama camp peddles 2012 ‘Hoodies’ (Cleveland Councilman sports hoodie at Cleveland Meeting)
- Dems Throw Hispanic Vote Up for Grabs – Bringing Trayvon Martin’s parents to Capitol Hill
- Trayvon Martin – 3 Time Loser at School (Daily Mail Reporter)
- Spike Lee Retweets George Zimmerman’s Home Address
- Zimmerman & Family Get Death Threats, Moved to Undisclosed location
- Eye for Eye! Black Panther offer $10,000 Bounty for Zimmerman
- Police Report: Zimmerman’s Account (Corroborated by witnesses)
- Trayvon’s Mother Seeks to Trademark Her Son’s Name
- Former NAACP leader accuses Sharpton, Jackson of ‘exploiting’ Treyvon Martin, says C.L. Bryant
- ‘Cracker’ T-shirt hits Florida streets – You never want a serious crisis to go to waste!
- Witness Says Trayvon Martin Attacked George Zimmerman
Please share this Watchwoman post on your Facebook page, Linkedin, Google+1, Twitter to all your friends, Please click “Like”, Share, and Leave Comments.
Visit Word Warriorette, a free Yahoo Group, and subscribe to be notified (one email a day) of new posts on Watchwoman.
DISCLAIMER: Beliefnet puts paid advertisements on “Watchwoman on the Wall” blog site including some that would never be approved of by the King James Bible, Pastor Ernie Sanders of Doers of the Word Church, What’s Right-What’s Left Radio Ministry, the Voice of the Christian Resistance, Geauga County Right to Life and Donna Calvin. We at www.WRWL.org do not condone, endorse, adhere to, practice or believe in many of the topics and some of what other bloggers promote or their religions at Beliefnet. However, Mrs. Calvin has no control of what Beliefnet displays. She blogs at Beliefnet because she is in the missionary field ministering to true believers posting articles and commentaries informing pro-life, conservative Christians of recent anti-Christian acts and hostile legislation to God’s Agenda and His Will for the world. Hopefully, unbelievers will read these along with the salvation message of Jesus Christ as written in the Gospel of John, Chapter 3, according to the King James Bible, and be saved. A missionary must go into the unbelievers’ territory to reach them. Her mission is to Proclaim Warning to a Nation that has forgotten their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, the only Truth, the Life, and the only Way to the One God the Father.
Read more: http://blog.beliefnet.com/watchwomanonthewall/?p=4928