Thank you for visiting Reformed Chicks Babbling. This blog is no longer being updated. Please enjoy the archives. Here is another blog you may also enjoy: Inspiration Report Happy Reading!!!
Since it’s after 1:00 and nothing has been posted on the blog all day, I thought I should post something. I’m actually working on a post about my DC vacation but it’s taking me awhile. I thought I would make the following observations on the news of the day:
Hamas will do something really bad if they don’t get their 1,000 prisoners. What I found interesting about the article was this:
Hamas political leaders have said they have no control over the group’s armed wing.
If the political wing can’t control the armed wing then why would Israel broker any kind of treaty with the Palestinian Authority? They can’t guarantee peace, what would be the point?
Carville thinks that Hillary can win in 2008 because:
1.She won in NY when no one thought she would
2.Has high poll numbers
3. Yes, her negative numbers are high but so are the other nationally known Democrats
4. She survived the Republican attack machine unscathed what else do they have(she won’t be swifted boated)
5. Bill Clinton is an asset
6. The intense support (i.e. she’s raking in a lot of bucks)
7. She should win Kerry’s states and the fact that she’s a women will galvanize women to vote
1. Yes, NY is such a bellwether for the rest of the nation. If you can win there, you can win anywhere?
2. Yes, and we all trust the polls this far out of the race
3. Yes, that’s a good reason for optimism, she’s just as disliked as all of our other possible Democratic candidates
5. Yeah, I can’t wait until he campaigns for her and the Lord willing I’ll have a blog (man, oh, man I can’t wait). Yes, I believe he’s an asset…to the Republicans.
6.Yes, the rich liberals love to support her and she will have plenty of money. But money can’t turn a sow’s ear into a silk purse — no amount of money will get this woman elected.
7. I don’t think
Jimmy Carter doesn’t think we should have secrets. I started to read it and then thought, “I really don’t feel like yelling at my computer this morning.” Doug read it and told me that Carter doesn’t even mention the war on terror. I’m so glad this man is not our president.
Mexico has their own disputed election, but it doesn’t look like they will have to count chads. The apparent loser said that he will accept defeat. It appears that the Mexican politicians aren’t gaming their system they way our politicians do here.
Updated to add: after debate from a commenter and some thought, I’ve amended my position on women voting for a woman.