Is your Mouth of Chi blocked, cluttered or just plain messy? The Mouth of Chi* is a term used in Feng Shui*. It references your front door, the primary point of entry into your home (or office or cubicle), whether you favor that door or another. The Mouth of Chic is much like our physical […]
Music is powerful. A true gift that keeps on giving. Music activates the same feel good center of your brain that food does! Here, 5 ways that music can positively affect you!
1. Listen to music: Lose weight. (Wow, that was easy!)
And … there’s more . . .
2. Fight Off the Common Cold: Listening to music lowers the stress hormone cortisol, boosts the feel-good endorphins and fortifies the immune system by raising levels of immunoglobulin A, a prime defense against upper respiratory infection.
3. Chase those blues away: There are minor chords and major chords; and while the minor chords tend to bring you down, the major chords can and do raise the spirits. Music sweetens temperament, increases feelings of optimism, calm and joy.
4. Spin Sister: Listen to music while spinning, running, trotting and your endurance levels will soar. You’ll hang in there longer and feel happier for it.
5. Sleep Baby Sleep: Play 45 minutes of your fav soft music before you get into your comfy bed and you will effectively lower your heart rate, slower your respiration and enjoy a good quality sleep.
What’s your favorite genre of music? What gets your booty to shakin’? What calms and soothes? What’s your favorite lullaby?
Sometimes it’s just that simple.
For more simple and utterly useful information, join Our Lady of Weight Loss’s KICK in the TUSH Club/FB!
Spread the word–NOT the icing!