This is the post in which we say goodbye. We’re both leaving our respective jobs at Beliefnet, and so it’s time to step away from the blog. So, this is the post in which we say goodbye…by saying thank you. Thank you to you, the readers, for clicking and visiting and sharing the myriad ways […]
Have you ever had Dancing Deer cookies? What? No?! What are you waiting for? Tangerine-chocolate cookies have a lovely soft spot in the center of a crunchy treat. Molasses-clove cookies are chewy every day and twice on Sundays. And the sugar cane-lime cookies. Can’t talk. Cookie-dreaming….
This is a company you can love with more than your taste buds, though. Here are 6 reasons why a package of Dancing Deer cookies, (or brownies, or cake) would be a fabulous way to sweeten your Earth Day gathering, or any occasion large or small:
- Women-Ownership: the CEO advocates for the advancement of women in business.
- Employee Empowerment: every employee gets stock options, and the company is run with an “open book” management style.
- Eco-Friendly Packaging: 100% recycled paper and vegetable inks are used. Check out their Honest Packaging page for more.
- All-Natural Ingredients: read the back of a pack of cookies and you’ll see words like “flour, vanilla, eggs, cocoa.” Nothing more.
- Philanthropy: through their Sweet Home program, your purchase can help fight family homelessness. Families with children are among the fastest-growing homeless population.
- Local: …if you live in or near Boston. Which I do. Yay!
How often do you get a chance to enjoy a treat and support a company that gives you the warm fuzzies? Give them a try (they ship), and please share: What are your most admired companies?