“Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
Every one of us has a desire to create something.
You may want to write a novel, paint beautiful masterpieces or act in a play. No matter what your creative interests are, it’s important you work on letting them out.
Many people let their creative side be sidelined and they push it down; ignoring it all together. The reasons for it being ignored vary from being too busy or afraid to show the world what you have created after receiving negative feedback. Don’t let your creativity sit on the back burner any longer.
When your creativity hits a wall, try one of these 10 ways to reignite your creative spark.
1. Be okay with making mistakes. Mistakes teach you things and you will be better for it.
2. Set aside some time for your creating every week. Block out an hour a week or more if you need it.
3. Don’t get so hung up on picking out all of the bad or imperfect parts of your creations. Look for the good and remind yourself you are a work in progress.
4. Create when you are fresh, first thing in the morning. This is when you are at your best and most alert.
5. Don’t be afraid to try something new. Take risks and experiment with techniques and ideas. Let your creativity flow.
6. Put on some motivational music to inspire you. If you are creating music, listen to some of your favorite songs and let the music wash over you and inspire you to create your own.
7. Get some exercise. A quick walk around the block or even some vigorous house cleaning can help get rid of writer’s block and allow your creativity to flow.
8. Don’t think about what you are doing. Just let it flow from your fingertips. Over thinking will always hold back your creativity.
9. Bounce your ideas off of a trusted friend. A little feedback and collaboration can help spark your inner muse and get you on the path to creating.
10. Don’t ever give up or get discouraged. Finish what you started, whether it is a masterpiece or not. Finishing is more satisfying and will give you the courage to start again.
Image Source: Google images