“It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop” – Confucius The enemy waits and listens for your desperation. When you are at the end of your rope and can no longer see or feel what hope looks like, the enemy of your soul pounces on your confidence, shreds […]
“The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak.” – Hans Hoffman
Do you ever feel overwhelmed?
Maybe you feel as if you are treading water and not getting anywhere. Do you feel as if all of your hopes and dreams have been pushed aside in favor of keeping up with everything that is thrown at you in life?
If so, you need to simplify your life and make it a little easier and more enjoyable. It is your life and you deserve to be happy and fulfilled.
Here are five ideas you can apply to your daily life to make it much simpler and less stressful while fulfilling your heart’s desire.
1. You don’t need anyone’s approval. You have to stop feeling like you can’t do the things you enjoy because somebody in your life may not approve. If you want to go hiking rather than shopping, do it. Your life, your decisions.
2. Don’t put your dreams on hold forever. We all know how short life is. Putting things off until the time is right is one of the regrets we hear echoed from our elders all the time. Take action and start fulfilling your dreams today.
3. Declutter – less is more. You don’t need a hundred different knick knacks or 20 pairs of shoes. Clean out your closets and get rid of your old baggage—literally. It is amazing at how good it feels to clean out the clutter.
4. Change your negative thoughts into positives ones. Don’t dwell on the negative things in your life. It isn’t helpful and it will only hold you back from seeing the good things. Every negative can be spun into a positive if you put in some effort.
5. Monitor your digital life. Put down your cellphone, close the laptop and put away the tablet. You do not need to tell all of your friends everything you did during the day on social media. You don’t need to read every news article or check the status of your Facebook friends. It is a lot of drama that you don’t need.
Image Source: Google images