“It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop” – Confucius The enemy waits and listens for your desperation. When you are at the end of your rope and can no longer see or feel what hope looks like, the enemy of your soul pounces on your confidence, shreds […]
“ Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” – Sam Levenson
There are days when you feel as if the weight of the world is too much. You are worn down and can’t imagine going on to fight another day. On these days, curling up in bed and pulling the covers up and over your head, refusing to face the trials that you know are waiting for you seems like a better option.
But, you have to go on.
You have to find that inner strength to get out of bed and face down whatever hurdles are put in front of you. For the days when it does feel impossible, here are some tips to help you find that strength and keep moving forward.
1. Ask for help. Don’t feel as if you have to do it all alone. Ask trusted friends, family members or even co-workers if it is something at work that is weighing you down.
2. Create a vision in your head that involves you finishing or making it through to the other side. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Envisioning it will give you the strength to keep moving towards it.
3. Accept the fact that you are not always going to be satisfied and content. You need to get comfortable being uncomfortable.
4. Don’t give up! That is the worst thing you can do. It will destroy your confidence and you will begin to feel you will never succeed.
5. Don’t compromise your values or morals to achieve your goal. Where there is a will, there is a way and you don’t have to sell your soul to get there.
6. Find the motivation you need through music or uplifting and books. When you start to struggle, turn on the iPod, open a book to your favorite passage or stare at an inspirational message that is framed on your wall.
7. Turn to your faith. Rely on your spiritual side to help gather the strength and courage to keep moving forward, even on the rockiest days.
8. Celebrate the little successes as you keep moving forward. Every step forward is a step in the right direction and you deserve to recognize your efforts.
9. Give yourself a day off. If you are struggling, you are likely frustrated. Take a day or at the very minimum a few hours to relax and forget about your stresses.
10. Write in a journal. Write down the things you feel are holding you back and robbing you of your strength. Recognize them and find a way to abolish them so you can move on.
Image Source: Google images