This blog is no longer being actively updated. Please feel free to browse the archives or: Read our most popular inspiration blog See our most popular inspirational video Take our most popular quiz
These come from the Rev. Bill Shuler, at the Capital Life Church in Arlington, Virginia:
1. The goal is not to win a debate but to redeem the heart.
2. One’s public witness is only as authentic as one’s private integrity.
3. There is no greater source of wisdom than the Bible and no investment
that yields greater returns than prayer.
4. Hate is only validated when one responds in like spirit.
5. Jesus should never be presented as less than he claimed to be: the way, the truth and the life.
6. One should live first and foremost so as to please a heavenly audience.
7. One’s legacy is found not in things that matter least but in people who matter most.
8. The generation into which I am born is my calling and it beckons me to be fully engaged.
9. When Jesus paused while dying on the cross to make certain his mother was cared for, he showed how to prioritize family amidst ministry.
10. Sermons can inspire but it is love in action that makes the most profound impact.
Read more here.