“Bewitched, bothered, and bewildered am I” wrote US songwriter Lorenz Hart about the feeling of infatuation. It’s blissful and euphoric, as we all know. But it’s also addicting, messy and blinding. Without careful monitoring, its wild wind can rage through your life leaving you much like the lyrics of a country song: without a wife, […]
Every week during Lent, I will focus on one of Abby’s Seixas’s six steps (in her book “Finding the Deep River Within”). As part of “Mindful Monday,” I will expand on one at the beginning of each week so that you can follow my program of simplification, if you’d like. Here they are.
- Take Time-In. Taking time for ourselves. Again, I’m starting with one hour a week.
- Make Boundaries. Taking back some control over daily interruptions.
- Befriend Feelings. Getting still enough to confront some of the ugly feelings.
- Tame Self-Expectations. The killers that lead us to perfectionism that can cripple our creativity.
- Practice Presence. Mindfulness … trying to be present to what is going on right in front of you.
- Do Something You Love. When I’m grounded and rested, this means writing from my heart.