Calling the angels into your home With love and aloha, Susan Angels are everywhere just open your mind and your heart to the signs. Make Angels on Your Shoulder part of your daily routine and share it with a friend!
I get lots of questions about how to deal with fear so I thought I’d share my favorite and most effective tools for dealing with fear.
7 Ways to Overcome Fear
1. Have faith. Fear is an illusion, only the love is real. When I am experiencing fear it helps when I remind myself that fear is simply the absence of faith. When I began my spiritual journey one of my mentors told me either god was or god wasn’t. The idea that god wasn’t didn’t make any sense so when fear rears its ugly head I remind myself to have faith.
2. Trust the process. There is a perfection to all of life. If you changed any of your past you wouldn’t be who you are right now. When my mom died I thought it was an incredible tragedy and it was but if she had lived I would never have moved to California, met Sarita and Miguel or be living in Hawaii now. The less I listen to fear the easier it is to trust the process.
3. Love yourself. Emotions are energy in motion. Energetically love is expansive and fear contracts. The more you love yourself the less effect fear has on you. Spend sometime each day doing loving things for yourself. Look directly at yourself in the mirror and say I love myself just the way I am. Do that everyday for a month and see what happens to your fear.
4. Feel the fear and act anyway. Franklin D. Roosevelt said, “The only thing to fear is fear itself.” When we are afraid of our fear it only gets bigger. When we face our fear and take action it diminishes. So, when you feel fear ask yourself what actions you can take. The action can be unrelated to the fear, it can be as simple as calling a friend or writing a letter to your guardian angel. Whatever it is, take it and then allow yourself to feel good about doing it.
5. Realize fear is your friend. There is an old Hawaiian saying that says success requires you to stick your neck out. For many years I had the policy that whenever an action engendered fear I took it because I knew there would be a sense of freedom on the other side. When my fear said go left I would go right and when my fear said don’t go right no matter what I would go right.
6. Pray. I think of praying as having a conversation with god. I find talking to god comforting. When I pray about my fear I not only feel comforted but I often get a sense of direction or a feeling about what to do next.
7. Call upon your angels. You are always surrounded by the love and protection of angels. They are more than willing to help you as soon as you ask for their assistance but since you have free will they can’t help unless you ask. I was having nightmares for a while after my father died. Before I went to sleep I would ask the angels to hold me in their arms and help me feel safe. As soon as I did the nightmares stopped. Whenever you feel fear ask the angels to help you feel safe and then allow yourself to feel their love.
Next time you are feeling fear try a few of these suggestions and see what happens. As always I look forward to your comments.
With love and aloha,