|Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Medium yellow onion, diced||½|
|Garlic clove, minced||1|
|Ground beef, 90% lean||1/3 pound|
|Whole tomatoes, no salt added||1 (14.5-ounce) can|
|Black pepper to taste|
|Dried basil||½ teaspoon|
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook until evenly browned.
- Add the tomatoes and salt. Crush the tomatoes with a fork. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes. Season with the dried basil and pepper to taste. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Serve meat sauce over spaghetti.
4 starches; 2 medium fat meats; 2 vegetables; 1 fat
Side Suggestions: Veggie Salad
Top sliced romaine lettuce with your favorite salad veggies and dressing.
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea