|Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Medium yellow onion, diced||½|
|Garlic clove, minced||1|
|Ground beef, 90% lean||1/3 pound|
|Whole tomatoes, no salt added||1 (14.5-ounce) can|
|Black pepper to taste|
|Dried basil||½ teaspoon|
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook until evenly browned.
- Add the tomatoes and salt. Crush the tomatoes with a fork. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes. Season with the dried basil and pepper to taste. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Serve meat sauce over spaghetti.
4 starches; 2 medium fat meats; 2 vegetables; 1 fat
Side Suggestions: Veggie Salad
Top sliced romaine lettuce with your favorite salad veggies and dressing.
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery