|Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Medium yellow onion, diced||½|
|Garlic clove, minced||1|
|Ground beef, 90% lean||1/3 pound|
|Whole tomatoes, no salt added||1 (14.5-ounce) can|
|Black pepper to taste|
|Dried basil||½ teaspoon|
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook until evenly browned.
- Add the tomatoes and salt. Crush the tomatoes with a fork. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes. Season with the dried basil and pepper to taste. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- Serve meat sauce over spaghetti.
4 starches; 2 medium fat meats; 2 vegetables; 1 fat
Side Suggestions: Veggie Salad
Top sliced romaine lettuce with your favorite salad veggies and dressing.
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
Exercise during pregnancy has been associated with many benefits for mom and baby. This review supports the trend and finds that even one day of purposeful activity per week may reduce the need for cesarean birth.
Maternal Caffeine Intake May Be Associated with Low Birth Weight
Prevent Eczema in Kids with a Daily Dose of Moisturizer
Broccoli Sprout Compound Associated with Reduction in Autism Symptoms