|90% reduced-fat ground beef||1 pound|
|Small white onion, chopped||1|
|Green bell pepper, chopped||1|
|Garlic cloves, minced||2|
|Diced tomatoes with added puree||1 (28-ounce) can|
|Kidney beans, drained||1 (16-ounce) can|
|Chili powder||2 tablespoons|
|Dried oregano||1½ teaspoons|
|Light sour cream||¼ cup|
|Reduced-fat grated cheddar cheese||¼ cup|
- Heat a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Add beef and brown, breaking with a wooden spoon or spatula until cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in onion, pepper, and garlic. Cook 3-4 minutes, until vegetables are slightly softened.
- Add tomatoes and beans to the pot. Stir in cumin, chili powder, oregano, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium heat and simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes or more, until the chili reaches desired thickness.
- Top each bowl of chili with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1 tablespoon cheese.
3 lean meats; 1.5 very lean meat substitutes; 1.5 starches; 1 vegetable
Side Suggestions: Crusty Bread (Italian or French)
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea