|Plum tomatoes, chopped||2|
|White onion, chopped||¼|
|Garlic clove, chopped||1|
|Cilantro||1 + 2 tablespoons|
|Canola oil||1 + 2 teaspoons|
|Salt||¼ + 1/8 teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
|Refried beans, warmed on the stove||½ cup|
|Reduced-fat sour cream||2 tablespoons|
|Shredded Monterey Jack cheese||¼ cup|
- In a blender or food processor, combine the tomatoes, onion, 1 tablespoon cilantro, and garlic until almost smooth.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add tomato sauce and cook until thickened, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in ¼ teaspoon salt and set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat in another large skillet and cook tortillas about 5-10 seconds on each side, until softened. Set on paper towels to drain.
- Break the eggs into the same skillet over medium heat and cook to desired degrees of doneness (cover the skillet if you like the yolk firm). Season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Dip each tortilla in the tomato sauce and place in the middle of a plate. Spread half of the beans over each tortilla, top with fried eggs, the spoon over the remaining sauce.
- Garnish with sour cream and avocado, sprinkle with cheese and 2 tablespoons cilantro, and serve.
2 medium fat meats; 1.5 fats; 1 starch; 1 high fat meat substitute
Side Suggestions: Orange Juice
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|
Insomnia can make your days miserable and a cure can be hard to find. There are some medications but there is some worry with side effects and the potential for addiction. Music is side effect free and according to this study may help you find sleep.
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Water Before Meals May Promote Weight Loss
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission