|Plum tomatoes, chopped||2|
|White onion, chopped||¼|
|Garlic clove, chopped||1|
|Cilantro||1 + 2 tablespoons|
|Canola oil||1 + 2 teaspoons|
|Salt||¼ + 1/8 teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
|Refried beans, warmed on the stove||½ cup|
|Reduced-fat sour cream||2 tablespoons|
|Shredded Monterey Jack cheese||¼ cup|
- In a blender or food processor, combine the tomatoes, onion, 1 tablespoon cilantro, and garlic until almost smooth.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add tomato sauce and cook until thickened, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in ¼ teaspoon salt and set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat in another large skillet and cook tortillas about 5-10 seconds on each side, until softened. Set on paper towels to drain.
- Break the eggs into the same skillet over medium heat and cook to desired degrees of doneness (cover the skillet if you like the yolk firm). Season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Dip each tortilla in the tomato sauce and place in the middle of a plate. Spread half of the beans over each tortilla, top with fried eggs, the spoon over the remaining sauce.
- Garnish with sour cream and avocado, sprinkle with cheese and 2 tablespoons cilantro, and serve.
2 medium fat meats; 1.5 fats; 1 starch; 1 high fat meat substitute
Side Suggestions: Orange Juice
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|
Many medical groups felt that early exposure to certain foods like peanuts increased a child's risk of developing food allergies. However, newer research including this trial suggest that early exposure may actually decrease the risk of developing food allergies.
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children
Research Review Finds Little Support for Nearly Half of Medical Talk Show Recommendations