|Lemon juice||2 tablespoons|
|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Fresh chives, chopped||1 + 1 tablespoon|
|Lemon zest||1 teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Sea scallops||¾ pound|
|Metal skewers (or wooden skewers soaked in water for at least 20 minutes)||4|
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, 1 tablespoon of the chives, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Add scallops and toss until thoroughly coated.
- Thread scallops and cherry tomatoes onto the skewers and brush thoroughly with the lemon-chive mixture.
- Place scallop kebabs on a lightly oiled grill rack or a nonstick broiler pan. Grill for 8-12 minutes, turning regularly, until opaque in center and lightly browned. If broiling, broil for 6-8 minutes, turning a few times, until opaque in center and lightly browned. It’s easy to overcook scallops, so keep a close eye on them to make sure they don’t burn.
- Garnish kebabs with remaining tablespoon of chopped chives.
4 very lean meats; 1.5 fat; 2 vegetables
Side Suggestions: Couscous
Prepare according to package directions. Garnish with chopped chives.
Side Suggestions: Grilled Asparagus
Lightly coat ½ bunch asparagus with 2 teaspoons olive oil and season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Place on grill rack or indoor grill pan coated with nonstick cooking spray and cook for 3-4 minutes, rotating at least once, until nice grill marks appear.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.5 g|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery