|Lemon juice||2 tablespoons|
|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Fresh chives, chopped||1 + 1 tablespoon|
|Lemon zest||1 teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Sea scallops||¾ pound|
|Metal skewers (or wooden skewers soaked in water for at least 20 minutes)||4|
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, 1 tablespoon of the chives, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Add scallops and toss until thoroughly coated.
- Thread scallops and cherry tomatoes onto the skewers and brush thoroughly with the lemon-chive mixture.
- Place scallop kebabs on a lightly oiled grill rack or a nonstick broiler pan. Grill for 8-12 minutes, turning regularly, until opaque in center and lightly browned. If broiling, broil for 6-8 minutes, turning a few times, until opaque in center and lightly browned. It’s easy to overcook scallops, so keep a close eye on them to make sure they don’t burn.
- Garnish kebabs with remaining tablespoon of chopped chives.
4 very lean meats; 1.5 fat; 2 vegetables
Side Suggestions: Couscous
Prepare according to package directions. Garnish with chopped chives.
Side Suggestions: Grilled Asparagus
Lightly coat ½ bunch asparagus with 2 teaspoons olive oil and season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Place on grill rack or indoor grill pan coated with nonstick cooking spray and cook for 3-4 minutes, rotating at least once, until nice grill marks appear.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.5 g|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery