|Lemon juice||2 tablespoons|
|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Fresh chives, chopped||1 + 1 tablespoon|
|Lemon zest||1 teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Sea scallops||¾ pound|
|Metal skewers (or wooden skewers soaked in water for at least 20 minutes)||4|
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, 1 tablespoon of the chives, lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Add scallops and toss until thoroughly coated.
- Thread scallops and cherry tomatoes onto the skewers and brush thoroughly with the lemon-chive mixture.
- Place scallop kebabs on a lightly oiled grill rack or a nonstick broiler pan. Grill for 8-12 minutes, turning regularly, until opaque in center and lightly browned. If broiling, broil for 6-8 minutes, turning a few times, until opaque in center and lightly browned. It’s easy to overcook scallops, so keep a close eye on them to make sure they don’t burn.
- Garnish kebabs with remaining tablespoon of chopped chives.
4 very lean meats; 1.5 fat; 2 vegetables
Side Suggestions: Couscous
Prepare according to package directions. Garnish with chopped chives.
Side Suggestions: Grilled Asparagus
Lightly coat ½ bunch asparagus with 2 teaspoons olive oil and season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Place on grill rack or indoor grill pan coated with nonstick cooking spray and cook for 3-4 minutes, rotating at least once, until nice grill marks appear.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1.5 g|
Many medical groups felt that early exposure to certain foods like peanuts increased a child's risk of developing food allergies. However, newer research including this trial suggest that early exposure may actually decrease the risk of developing food allergies.
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children
Research Review Finds Little Support for Nearly Half of Medical Talk Show Recommendations