|Ripe bananas, mashed||2|
|Egg substitute||½ cup|
|Vegetable oil||1/3 cup|
|Canned pumpkin puree||1 1/3 cups|
|White sugar||½ cup|
|All-purpose flour||2½ cups|
|Baking powder||1 teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 teaspoon|
|Pumpkin pie spice||2 tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 teaspoon|
|Raisins (optional)||¾ cup|
|Walnuts (optional)||¾ cup|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the mashed banana, eggs, oil, pumpkin, honey, and sugar.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pie spice, and cinnamon.
- Stir the dry mixture into the banana mixture until just combined. Fold in the raisins and walnuts, if desired.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before moving it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 3; Other: 0
|Serving Size||1 slice|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
|Vitamin A||50% DV|
|Vitamin C||10% DV|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children