|Fresh apricots (1 pound)||8|
|Plain gelatin||1½ envelopes|
|Nonfat vanilla yogurt||2 cups|
- Drop apricots into boiling water to cover.
- Return to boil. Simmer for 5 minutes or until skins begin to split.
- Drain. Rinse under cold water.
- Halve fruit. Discard skins and pits.
- Puree apricots in blender or food processor. Set aside.
- Combine gelatin and water in small saucepan. Stir over low heat until dissolved.
- Mix sugar, apricot puree, and yogurt with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Mix in dissolved gelatin.
- Chill until firm.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 2; Other: 0
California Fresh Apricot Council
|Serving Size||1/6 of recipe, 4 ounces|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||25% DV|
|Vitamin C||8% DV|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery