|Fresh apricots (1 pound)||8|
|Plain gelatin||1½ envelopes|
|Nonfat vanilla yogurt||2 cups|
- Drop apricots into boiling water to cover.
- Return to boil. Simmer for 5 minutes or until skins begin to split.
- Drain. Rinse under cold water.
- Halve fruit. Discard skins and pits.
- Puree apricots in blender or food processor. Set aside.
- Combine gelatin and water in small saucepan. Stir over low heat until dissolved.
- Mix sugar, apricot puree, and yogurt with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Mix in dissolved gelatin.
- Chill until firm.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 2; Other: 0
California Fresh Apricot Council
|Serving Size||1/6 of recipe, 4 ounces|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||25% DV|
|Vitamin C||8% DV|
Many medical groups felt that early exposure to certain foods like peanuts increased a child's risk of developing food allergies. However, newer research including this trial suggest that early exposure may actually decrease the risk of developing food allergies.
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children
Research Review Finds Little Support for Nearly Half of Medical Talk Show Recommendations