|Fresh apricots (1 pound)||8|
|Plain gelatin||1½ envelopes|
|Nonfat vanilla yogurt||2 cups|
- Drop apricots into boiling water to cover.
- Return to boil. Simmer for 5 minutes or until skins begin to split.
- Drain. Rinse under cold water.
- Halve fruit. Discard skins and pits.
- Puree apricots in blender or food processor. Set aside.
- Combine gelatin and water in small saucepan. Stir over low heat until dissolved.
- Mix sugar, apricot puree, and yogurt with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Mix in dissolved gelatin.
- Chill until firm.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 2; Other: 0
California Fresh Apricot Council
|Serving Size||1/6 of recipe, 4 ounces|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin A||25% DV|
|Vitamin C||8% DV|
A randomized trial found that drinking water before main meals led to higher weight loss than those who were asked to imagine a full stomach before main meals. Water preloading is believed to help create a feeling of fullness or satiety during the meal, which may help curb overeating.
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia