|All-purpose flour||2 cups|
|Baking powder||2 teaspoons|
|Cranberries, drained||1 cup|
|Freshly grated orange peel||2 tablespoons|
|Pecans or walnuts, chopped||½ cup|
|Egg substitute||½ cup|
|Orange juice||½ cup|
|Vegetable oil||½ cup|
- Mix cranberries and orange peel and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine egg substitute, orange juice, and oil.
- Add all at once to the flour mixture. Fold in cranberries and nuts.
- Spoon batter into greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Fill muffins cups about 2/3 full. Bake in a preheated 375ºF oven for 25 minutes or until done.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
Great Lakes International Trading, Inc.
|Serving Size||1 muffin|
|Calories from Fat||35|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||2% DV|
|Vitamin C||10% DV|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children