|All-purpose flour||2 cups|
|Baking powder||2 teaspoons|
|Cranberries, drained||1 cup|
|Freshly grated orange peel||2 tablespoons|
|Pecans or walnuts, chopped||½ cup|
|Egg substitute||½ cup|
|Orange juice||½ cup|
|Vegetable oil||½ cup|
- Mix cranberries and orange peel and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine egg substitute, orange juice, and oil.
- Add all at once to the flour mixture. Fold in cranberries and nuts.
- Spoon batter into greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Fill muffins cups about 2/3 full. Bake in a preheated 375ºF oven for 25 minutes or until done.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
Great Lakes International Trading, Inc.
|Serving Size||1 muffin|
|Calories from Fat||35|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||2% DV|
|Vitamin C||10% DV|
A randomized trial found that drinking water before main meals led to higher weight loss than those who were asked to imagine a full stomach before main meals. Water preloading is believed to help create a feeling of fullness or satiety during the meal, which may help curb overeating.
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia