|Fat-free milk||1 cup|
|Reduced fat buttermilk baking mix||2 cup|
|Medium Granny Smith apples (peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped)||4|
- In large bowl, whisk whites until foamy. Whisk in milk, then stir in baking mix.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix just to blend.
- Heat griddle or heavy skillet over medium heat; coat with vegetable cooking spray. Portion batter onto griddle with ¼-cup measure.
- Cook until nicely browned, turning once, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot with maple syrup or nonfat yogurt.
Fruit: 3; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 3; Other: 0
|Serving Size||3 pancakes out of 12 total|
|Calories from Fat||15|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|
|Vitamin A||2% DV|
|Vitamin C||15% DV|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children