|Fat-free milk||1 cup|
|Reduced fat buttermilk baking mix||2 cup|
|Medium Granny Smith apples (peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped)||4|
- In large bowl, whisk whites until foamy. Whisk in milk, then stir in baking mix.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix just to blend.
- Heat griddle or heavy skillet over medium heat; coat with vegetable cooking spray. Portion batter onto griddle with ¼-cup measure.
- Cook until nicely browned, turning once, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot with maple syrup or nonfat yogurt.
Fruit: 3; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 3; Other: 0
|Serving Size||3 pancakes out of 12 total|
|Calories from Fat||15|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|
|Vitamin A||2% DV|
|Vitamin C||15% DV|
A randomized trial found that fecal microbiota transplantation had a higher rate of remission in patients with active ulcerative colitis than those who recieved placebo. Fecal transplantation is believed to help the intestine develop a healthy balance of bacteria in the gut which can help the intestine recover and function more effectively.
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery