|Fat-free milk||1 cup|
|Reduced fat buttermilk baking mix||2 cup|
|Medium Granny Smith apples (peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped)||4|
- In large bowl, whisk whites until foamy. Whisk in milk, then stir in baking mix.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix just to blend.
- Heat griddle or heavy skillet over medium heat; coat with vegetable cooking spray. Portion batter onto griddle with ¼-cup measure.
- Cook until nicely browned, turning once, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot with maple syrup or nonfat yogurt.
Fruit: 3; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 3; Other: 0
|Serving Size||3 pancakes out of 12 total|
|Calories from Fat||15|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|
|Vitamin A||2% DV|
|Vitamin C||15% DV|
A randomized trial found that drinking water before main meals led to higher weight loss than those who were asked to imagine a full stomach before main meals. Water preloading is believed to help create a feeling of fullness or satiety during the meal, which may help curb overeating.
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia