- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cut pumpkin into small manageable pieces and cut off pith and seeds.
- Place cut pumpkin, skin side up, in a large roasting pan. Add ¼ cup water, and bake uncovered for 1 hour or until tender.
- Remove from oven, and allow pumpkin to cool.
- When cooled, cut away skin, and mash or puree the pumpkin flesh.
- Use in any recipe that calls for canned pureed pumpkin.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
|Calories from Fat||0|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||150% DV|
|Vitamin C||10% DV|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children