- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cut pumpkin into small manageable pieces and cut off pith and seeds.
- Place cut pumpkin, skin side up, in a large roasting pan. Add ¼ cup water, and bake uncovered for 1 hour or until tender.
- Remove from oven, and allow pumpkin to cool.
- When cooled, cut away skin, and mash or puree the pumpkin flesh.
- Use in any recipe that calls for canned pureed pumpkin.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
|Calories from Fat||0|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
|Vitamin A||150% DV|
|Vitamin C||10% DV|
A randomized trial found that drinking water before main meals led to higher weight loss than those who were asked to imagine a full stomach before main meals. Water preloading is believed to help create a feeling of fullness or satiety during the meal, which may help curb overeating.
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia