|Black beans, dried||1 cup|
|Red beans, dried||1 cup|
|Pinto beans, dried||1 cup|
|White beans, dried||1 cup|
|Split green peas, dried||1 cup|
|Navy beans, dried||1 cup|
|Garbanzo beans, drained||1 can (15.5 ounces)|
|No-sodium black-eyed peas, drained||1 can (15.5 ounces)|
|Kidney beans, drained||1 can (15.5 ounces)|
|No sodium diced tomatoes||1 can (14.5 ounces)|
|Diced tomatoes with green chiles||1 can (10 ounces)|
|Large onion, chopped||1|
|Green onion, chopped||1 cup|
|Garlic cloves, crushed||3|
- Combine black beans, red beans, pinto beans, white beans, split green peas, and navy beans. Cover with water and soak overnight.
- Drain beans and place in a large stockpot; cover with water.
- Add navy beans, garbanzo beans, black-eyed peas, and kidney beans. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1½ hours or until beans are tender.
- Add tomatoes, tomatoes with green chiles, onion, green onion, garlic, and salt. Simmer for 30 minutes to blend flavors.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 1; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 4; Other: 0
|Serving Size||1/12 recipe|
|Calories from Fat||20|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||24 g|
|Vitamin A||6% DV|
|Vitamin C||15% DV|
Many medical groups felt that early exposure to certain foods like peanuts increased a child's risk of developing food allergies. However, newer research including this trial suggest that early exposure may actually decrease the risk of developing food allergies.
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children
Research Review Finds Little Support for Nearly Half of Medical Talk Show Recommendations