|Black beans, dried||1 cup|
|Red beans, dried||1 cup|
|Pinto beans, dried||1 cup|
|White beans, dried||1 cup|
|Split green peas, dried||1 cup|
|Navy beans, dried||1 cup|
|Garbanzo beans, drained||1 can (15.5 ounces)|
|No-sodium black-eyed peas, drained||1 can (15.5 ounces)|
|Kidney beans, drained||1 can (15.5 ounces)|
|No sodium diced tomatoes||1 can (14.5 ounces)|
|Diced tomatoes with green chiles||1 can (10 ounces)|
|Large onion, chopped||1|
|Green onion, chopped||1 cup|
|Garlic cloves, crushed||3|
- Combine black beans, red beans, pinto beans, white beans, split green peas, and navy beans. Cover with water and soak overnight.
- Drain beans and place in a large stockpot; cover with water.
- Add navy beans, garbanzo beans, black-eyed peas, and kidney beans. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1½ hours or until beans are tender.
- Add tomatoes, tomatoes with green chiles, onion, green onion, garlic, and salt. Simmer for 30 minutes to blend flavors.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 1; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 4; Other: 0
|Serving Size||1/12 recipe|
|Calories from Fat||20|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||24 g|
|Vitamin A||6% DV|
|Vitamin C||15% DV|
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea