|Olive oil||1 tablespoon|
|Yellow onion chopped||2 cups|
|Celery, chopped||1 cup|
|Garlic cloves, roasted and minced||4|
|Low sodium vegetable broth||1 cup|
|Pinto beans, drained||2 cans (15 ounces each)|
|Diced tomatoes||1 can (14.5 ounces)|
|Butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into ½ inch pieces||2 cups|
|Dried oregano||1 teaspoon|
|Dried red pepper flakes, crushed||½ teaspoon|
|Basil, chopped||6 tablespoon|
- Heat oil in heavy, large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and celery; sauté until onions are golden, about 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and dried red pepper flakes; stir 1 minute.
- Add broth, water, and all other ingredients except the basil; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until squash is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer 3 cups soup to blender; cool slightly, then puree until smooth.
- Return puree to pot with soup.
- Simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Ladle soup into 6 bowls. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon basil and serve.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 2; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 3; Other: 0
Melissa’s Variety Produce
|Serving Size||1/6 recipe|
|Calories from Fat||35|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||16 g|
|Vitamin A||120% DV|
|Vitamin C||50% DV|
A randomized trial found that drinking water before main meals led to higher weight loss than those who were asked to imagine a full stomach before main meals. Water preloading is believed to help create a feeling of fullness or satiety during the meal, which may help curb overeating.
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia