|Olive oil||1 tablespoon|
|Yellow onion chopped||2 cups|
|Celery, chopped||1 cup|
|Garlic cloves, roasted and minced||4|
|Low sodium vegetable broth||1 cup|
|Pinto beans, drained||2 cans (15 ounces each)|
|Diced tomatoes||1 can (14.5 ounces)|
|Butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into ½ inch pieces||2 cups|
|Dried oregano||1 teaspoon|
|Dried red pepper flakes, crushed||½ teaspoon|
|Basil, chopped||6 tablespoon|
- Heat oil in heavy, large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and celery; sauté until onions are golden, about 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and dried red pepper flakes; stir 1 minute.
- Add broth, water, and all other ingredients except the basil; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until squash is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer 3 cups soup to blender; cool slightly, then puree until smooth.
- Return puree to pot with soup.
- Simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Ladle soup into 6 bowls. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon basil and serve.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 2; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 3; Other: 0
Melissa’s Variety Produce
|Serving Size||1/6 recipe|
|Calories from Fat||35|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||16 g|
|Vitamin A||120% DV|
|Vitamin C||50% DV|
Exercise during pregnancy has been associated with many benefits for mom and baby. This review supports the trend and finds that even one day of purposeful activity per week may reduce the need for cesarean birth.
Maternal Caffeine Intake May Be Associated with Low Birth Weight
Prevent Eczema in Kids with a Daily Dose of Moisturizer
Broccoli Sprout Compound Associated with Reduction in Autism Symptoms