|Olive oil||1 tablespoon|
|Yellow onion chopped||2 cups|
|Celery, chopped||1 cup|
|Garlic cloves, roasted and minced||4|
|Low sodium vegetable broth||1 cup|
|Pinto beans, drained||2 cans (15 ounces each)|
|Diced tomatoes||1 can (14.5 ounces)|
|Butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into ½ inch pieces||2 cups|
|Dried oregano||1 teaspoon|
|Dried red pepper flakes, crushed||½ teaspoon|
|Basil, chopped||6 tablespoon|
- Heat oil in heavy, large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and celery; sauté until onions are golden, about 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and dried red pepper flakes; stir 1 minute.
- Add broth, water, and all other ingredients except the basil; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until squash is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer 3 cups soup to blender; cool slightly, then puree until smooth.
- Return puree to pot with soup.
- Simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Ladle soup into 6 bowls. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon basil and serve.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 2; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 3; Other: 0
Melissa’s Variety Produce
|Serving Size||1/6 recipe|
|Calories from Fat||35|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||16 g|
|Vitamin A||120% DV|
|Vitamin C||50% DV|
Many medical groups felt that early exposure to certain foods like peanuts increased a child's risk of developing food allergies. However, newer research including this trial suggest that early exposure may actually decrease the risk of developing food allergies.
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children
Research Review Finds Little Support for Nearly Half of Medical Talk Show Recommendations