|Split peas||1½ cups|
|Medium onion, diced||1|
|Medium potatoes, peeled and diced||2|
|Garlic powder||¼ teaspoon|
|Parsley, dried||¼ teaspoon|
|Medium carrots, grated||2|
- In a large pot, combine split peas and water, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Cover and let simmer until tender (1 hour).
- Add onion, potato, garlic powder, dried parsley, and carrots.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Transfer soup mixture in batches to a blender, and puree until smooth.
- Return to heat and warm through. Serve.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 2; Other: 0
|Serving Size||1/6 recipe|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||12 g|
|Vitamin A||50% DV|
|Vitamin C||10% DV|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children