|Split peas||1½ cups|
|Medium onion, diced||1|
|Medium potatoes, peeled and diced||2|
|Garlic powder||¼ teaspoon|
|Parsley, dried||¼ teaspoon|
|Medium carrots, grated||2|
- In a large pot, combine split peas and water, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Cover and let simmer until tender (1 hour).
- Add onion, potato, garlic powder, dried parsley, and carrots.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Transfer soup mixture in batches to a blender, and puree until smooth.
- Return to heat and warm through. Serve.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 2; Other: 0
|Serving Size||1/6 recipe|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||12 g|
|Vitamin A||50% DV|
|Vitamin C||10% DV|
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea