|Onions, cut into ½ inch wedges||1 cup|
|Banana or Hubbard squash||1 pound|
|Red bell pepper||1|
|Low sodium, low-fat vegetable broth||2 cups|
|Puréed tomato||1 cup|
|Lime juice||2 tablespoons|
|Frozen peas||1 (10 ounce) package|
|Black pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Cilantro sprigs, rinsed, or thinly sliced green onions||1 bunch|
- Peel onions and cut into ½ inch thick wedges.
- Peel the sweet potato, carrots, squash, and parsnips; cut into ¾ inch pieces.
- Peel and mince or press garlic.
- Rinse bell pepper; stem, seed, and cut into ½ inch strips.
- Cook onions, sweet potato, carrots, squash, parsnips, garlic, and 1 cup of broth in a covered pan for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add a few tablespoons of water if mixture begins sticking to pan. Add 1 more cup of broth, along with the bell pepper, tomato sauce, lime juice, and cayenne to taste.
- Return to a boil, and then reduce heat. Simmer covered until vegetables are tender when pierced, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- If stew sticks to pan or gets thicker than desired, add more broth as needed.
- Add peas and stir occasionally until hot, about 2 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into soup bowls, and garnish with cilantro or sliced green onions.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 3; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 1; Other: 0
|Serving Size||1/6 recipe|
|Calories from Fat||10|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|
|Vitamin A||250% DV|
|Vitamin C||120% DV|
Exercise during pregnancy has been associated with many benefits for mom and baby. This review supports the trend and finds that even one day of purposeful activity per week may reduce the need for cesarean birth.
Maternal Caffeine Intake May Be Associated with Low Birth Weight
Prevent Eczema in Kids with a Daily Dose of Moisturizer
Broccoli Sprout Compound Associated with Reduction in Autism Symptoms