|Low sodium chicken broth||2 cups|
|White wine||½ cup|
|Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and chopped||2|
|Thinly sliced carrots||1 cup|
|Small onion, thinly sliced||1|
|Chopped fennel||1 cup|
|Dried thyme leaves||¼ teaspoon|
|Non-fat plain yogurt||4 teaspoons|
- In large pot, combine broth, water, wine, apples, carrots, onion, fennel, bay leaf, thyme, and peppercorns; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20 minutes
- Strain soup, reserving liquid. Remove bay leaf from apple-vegetable mixture in strainer.
- In blender or food processor, puree mixture; add reserved liquid and blend well.
- Reheat soup, if necessary. Ladle into soup bowls and serve with a dollop of yogurt if desired.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
Produce for Better Health/Washington Apple Commission
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||10|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||70% DV|
|Vitamin C||15% DV|
Insomnia can make your days miserable and a cure can be hard to find. There are some medications but there is some worry with side effects and the potential for addiction. Music is side effect free and according to this study may help you find sleep.
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Water Before Meals May Promote Weight Loss
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission