|Low sodium chicken broth||2 cups|
|White wine||½ cup|
|Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and chopped||2|
|Thinly sliced carrots||1 cup|
|Small onion, thinly sliced||1|
|Chopped fennel||1 cup|
|Dried thyme leaves||¼ teaspoon|
|Non-fat plain yogurt||4 teaspoons|
- In large pot, combine broth, water, wine, apples, carrots, onion, fennel, bay leaf, thyme, and peppercorns; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20 minutes
- Strain soup, reserving liquid. Remove bay leaf from apple-vegetable mixture in strainer.
- In blender or food processor, puree mixture; add reserved liquid and blend well.
- Reheat soup, if necessary. Ladle into soup bowls and serve with a dollop of yogurt if desired.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
Produce for Better Health/Washington Apple Commission
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||10|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||70% DV|
|Vitamin C||15% DV|
Improving parent-adolescent sexual communication has been noted as one factor that could help to encourage adolescents to practice safer sex behavior. This study found that sexual communication with parents plays a small protective role in safer sex behavior among adolescents.
Celiac Disease May Increase the Risk of Bone Fractures
Music May Improve Sleep Quality in Adults with Insomnia
CPAP May Help Older Adults with Obstructive Sleep Apnea