|Low sodium chicken broth||2 cups|
|White wine||½ cup|
|Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, and chopped||2|
|Thinly sliced carrots||1 cup|
|Small onion, thinly sliced||1|
|Chopped fennel||1 cup|
|Dried thyme leaves||¼ teaspoon|
|Non-fat plain yogurt||4 teaspoons|
- In large pot, combine broth, water, wine, apples, carrots, onion, fennel, bay leaf, thyme, and peppercorns; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20 minutes
- Strain soup, reserving liquid. Remove bay leaf from apple-vegetable mixture in strainer.
- In blender or food processor, puree mixture; add reserved liquid and blend well.
- Reheat soup, if necessary. Ladle into soup bowls and serve with a dollop of yogurt if desired.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
Produce for Better Health/Washington Apple Commission
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Calories from Fat||10|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||70% DV|
|Vitamin C||15% DV|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children