|Large potatoes (2 pounds)||4|
|Ice water||8 cups|
|Garlic powder||1 teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1 teaspoon|
|White pepper||1 teaspoon|
|Hot pepper flakes||1 teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 tablespoon|
- Scrub potatoes and cut into long ½-inch strips.
- Place potato strips into ice water, cover, and chill for 1 hour or longer.
- Remove potatoes and dry strips thoroughly.
- Place garlic powder, onion powder, salt, white pepper, allspice, and pepper flakes in a plastic bag.
- Toss potatoes in spice mixture.
- Brush potatoes with oil.
- Place potatoes in nonstick shallow baking pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in 475°F oven for 15 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking uncovered for an additional 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Turn fries occasionally to brown on all sides.
|Serving Size||1 cup|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
A randomized trial found that drinking water before main meals led to higher weight loss than those who were asked to imagine a full stomach before main meals. Water preloading is believed to help create a feeling of fullness or satiety during the meal, which may help curb overeating.
Fecal Transplants Induce Ulcerative Colitis Remission
Exercise Associated with Healthy Baby Weight
Mindful Meditation May Reduce Symptoms and Complications of Insomnia