|Large potatoes (2 pounds)||4|
|Ice water||8 cups|
|Garlic powder||1 teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1 teaspoon|
|White pepper||1 teaspoon|
|Hot pepper flakes||1 teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 tablespoon|
- Scrub potatoes and cut into long ½-inch strips.
- Place potato strips into ice water, cover, and chill for 1 hour or longer.
- Remove potatoes and dry strips thoroughly.
- Place garlic powder, onion powder, salt, white pepper, allspice, and pepper flakes in a plastic bag.
- Toss potatoes in spice mixture.
- Brush potatoes with oil.
- Place potatoes in nonstick shallow baking pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in 475°F oven for 15 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking uncovered for an additional 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Turn fries occasionally to brown on all sides.
|Serving Size||1 cup|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
A meta-analysis found that mothers participating in a prenatal exercise group were less likely to have a large newborn, less likely to need a cesarean section, and no more likely to have a low birthweight baby than those who did not exercise. The study supports proper prenatal care advice which advocates for mothers to exercise during pregnancy if allowed by the physician.
Chewing Gum After Surgery May Improve Digestive Tract Recovery
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children