|Large potatoes (2 pounds)||4|
|Ice water||8 cups|
|Garlic powder||1 teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1 teaspoon|
|White pepper||1 teaspoon|
|Hot pepper flakes||1 teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 tablespoon|
- Scrub potatoes and cut into long ½-inch strips.
- Place potato strips into ice water, cover, and chill for 1 hour or longer.
- Remove potatoes and dry strips thoroughly.
- Place garlic powder, onion powder, salt, white pepper, allspice, and pepper flakes in a plastic bag.
- Toss potatoes in spice mixture.
- Brush potatoes with oil.
- Place potatoes in nonstick shallow baking pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in 475°F oven for 15 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking uncovered for an additional 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Turn fries occasionally to brown on all sides.
|Serving Size||1 cup|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
A systematic review found that participants given chewing gum after abdominal surgery may have a faster return to normal for their digestive system. Unfortunately, the quality of trials is low and more research will need to be done before this simple solution is confirmed.
Early Peanut Consumption Associated with Lower Risk of Peanut Allergy in High Risk Children
Breastfeeding May Decrease the Risk of Childhood Obesity
Tonsillectomy May Reduce Number of Sore Throat Days in Children